Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My 91 Accord won't pass smog! Help

1991AccordSe
02-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Hello,

I just recently had to have a smog test on my accord a few days ago and it failed. It said it failed due to the timing being "retarded" and that made the NO's much higher than they're supposed to be. Now i know i can change speed up the idle, but isn't there more to it than that? The timing belt does need to be replaced also. Is there a website that i can find very explicit instructions on how to do it myself? What should I do???

Thanks very much,

Sean

1991AccordSe
03-01-2004, 01:34 AM
No body helped me on this site! Thanks to y'all, i had to fork out $900.

THANKS ALOT!

Gold'n
03-01-2004, 02:23 AM
The reason nobody said anything is that Timing Belts are not for begginers. They are really easy to do but real easy to fuck up. All you gotta do is go buy the damned book for your car. Spend the money and get the Factory repair manual.
There is a few key elements in replacing that little fuck. But since you probebly dont have half the tools needed to replace it yourself you probebly did the right thing.

900 bones aint bad. LOL!

Gold'n
03-01-2004, 02:25 AM
Everyone starts somewhere. My personal view on cars is that if yah wanna be cool and race em, you better know how to fix em. Get the book and learn.

I was lucky enough to grow up around racing and auto repair. Im not saying I know it all or even alot but I can fix everything on my Honda. Ofcourse I have a full shop at my disposal 24/7.

Add your comment to this topic!