Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Corolla Anti-lock Brakes

woodsonj3
02-25-2004, 05:58 AM
I have a 1995 Corolla I was going to order a right axle assembly for and found out you can order w/abs or w/o abs. I don't think this car has anti-lock brakes but I want to make sure. Would this info be on a sticker somewhere? Thanks.

Oz
02-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Try it out. Find a deserted street and slam on the brakes from 20km/h to 0. If it locks, no ABS. If the pedal pulses and you feel ABS kicking in, it has ABS. :screwy:

AceNZ_20v4AGE
03-02-2004, 10:29 PM
or look at the tubing from your brake master and see if they feed into a large unit (ABS control) or if they just go strate to the wheels, also if it has ABS a ABS light should come on the dash everytime you start the car then go out.

instinct
07-25-2004, 02:09 AM
I have a 2003 Corolla Altis, 31,000kms and notice that after a full stop, with brakes still applied, the pedal slowly goes to full travel down and feels as if it has reached a mechanical stop.

The brakes still function, no ABS warning lights and brake fluid quantity appears to remain constant.

Could the above indicate that there could be leakage past the master cylinder seals? or is the brake pedal movement normal.
Thanks.
Peter.

(Note local dealer scratched their heads and advised to keep monitoring the brakes)

Add your comment to this topic!