Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any Probe owners out there?

John98R/T
04-28-2001, 04:17 PM
I have a 90 Probe GT with the turbo, i was wondering if any one else out there? Its not my daily driver but its a fun car, post your Probe, and tell everyone about it.
Peace....
:bandit:

328isRob
06-19-2001, 03:53 PM
Yeah... they are all at www.probetalk.com

Heep
06-19-2001, 04:32 PM
Hey John, know of any good Probe sites that do not have forums that we could partner with?

Aleah_96PSE
08-09-2001, 03:51 PM
If you want individual club websites, I can get you that. Otherwise all of us Probe Owners are on www.probetalk.com

We have a national meet coming up in November.

c h a r
09-05-2001, 12:39 PM
i have a '94 probe gt thats my daily driver, it has a new cat, custom cat back, flowmaster muffler, custom tips, dragon weapon r intake, its getting prepped for a new paint job with a new wing, and i'm doing some trim work on the interior now. the sound system is bangin with all alpine, but i'm still lookin for some good rims now. i'll post some pics when i get it painted.

until next time batman

vectorclub
10-31-2001, 11:50 PM
I had an 1989 Probe GT which I traded in for a 93 Probe GT. The 89 was fun, but the 93 was a nice improvement. I enjoyed both cars, but if someone asked me if they should spend alittle more to get a 93 or newer Probe, I would say yes. I would still have my 93 Probe if it had not gotten totaled. That was my favorite car.

shay_dee
01-09-2002, 03:39 PM
hey i'm here just bought a 1996 Ford Probe GT red.. .VERY NICE... for 3,275 and i was a member of the 3gee accords but i had to let mine go so i decided to go domestic.... i hope we can get some people in this board....

vectorclub
01-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Calling a Probe domestic is sort of true. The first Probe in 1989 was 90% Mazda's handy work. The 1993 Probe was a joint venture between Ford Motor Company divisions (actually Ford was not the official owner yet, but had a strong hold on Mazda).

You will find the parts come from Korea, Japan, Mexico, Canada, and few other places. I still love the Probe and hope Ford makes a come back, but Domestic is a term very few cars in the world can use.

When you buy used you are not affecting the economy as much as when you buy new. The key to import issues is where is the money going. $25,000 spent on a new Toyota send that money to Japan. $25,000 spent on Ford sends that money to Michigan. I would rather people buy imports sold by American companies then flat out imports.

I know many foreign companies build cars here, but where they keep their money is one of the most important factors. Most of Fords profits come here. Now that Chrysler is owned by Mercedes I don't call them American anymore.

It is to bad imports hurt our economy so much. Maybe someday the someone could solve that issue.

Good luck with your 1996 Probe. I enjoyed my 1993 and 1989 Probes. They are one of the most under valued cars in terms of performance. The 1993 Probe was very well designed. Some people had quality issues, but mine was great.

projectm325
07-29-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by 328isRob
Yeah... they are all at www.probetalk.com

:ylsuper probetalk is great! I dont even have a probe and find myself visiting there frequently, which will prolly change now that I've found this site.

Ryoko
08-21-2002, 07:22 PM
92 ford probe lx (but hey, you could tell from under my name anyway ;))

currently, though, i am without a license, and will be for 32 more days (771 hours, 26 minutes, 31 seconds to be exact)

that sure is one heck of a car to drive... maybe not the greatest off the line but 60mph to 100mph accel rivals a viper rt/10

mopord
08-23-2002, 04:24 PM
Probetalk.com-Been there, Done that, Left there, won't make that mistake again.:o

Outkast
08-29-2002, 01:42 AM
Well at least it is more active then here:flipa: At least I go to all the Probe forums that I can find and be socialable instead of actin' like I was too cool for them. PT is my primary home but at least I am here.

~James~

mopord
08-29-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Outkast
Well at least it is more active then here:flipa: At least I go to all the Probe forums that I can find and be socialable instead of actin' like I was too cool for them. PT is my primary home but at least I am here.

~James~

I went to Probetalk to be socialable. Then I made the dreaded mistake of voicing an opionon that was different than"their" beliefs. I was flamed by many people. Nothing was said to debate the differings opionons, just personal attacks because it was different (much the same as you are doing here). If that is your idea of cool, then by all means enjoy Probetalk. You'll fit right in. When you grow up, you will realize the entire world does not think exactly like you, and that it does not make them a bad person etc, just different. Had I known going into Probetalk that different opionons were not tolerated, I never would have gone in to begin with.

APHEX TWIN
09-01-2002, 07:35 PM
...man, everyone on Probetalk isn't like that.

Come back bro, it'll be okay.

:bathroom:

- a -

kiel
10-25-2002, 11:35 AM
Yeah, PT is full of pricks. But who cares? Ignore those people.

leviathon713
01-25-2003, 10:00 PM
PT isn't all bad, and has gone through a recen change of ownership. There are no more personal attacks/flaming allowed. People have been very sociable to me and I hardly ever agree with anyone. Besides, there is a plethera of Probe-related info there and you don't need to talk to people to search through it.

colorchangingt
01-27-2003, 11:49 AM
me me IM /x\iPOC

just goto www.probetalk.com
we got everything you want there.

drago856
03-06-2003, 11:38 AM
pt it's a cool board to go to, some of you are right and some of you are wrong. I'm a current member, but I keep my opitions open every board you go to will have a few jerks that really don't care what your opioins is and there are other who do listen. But it's opioin. Now you have to give pt some credit they do have alot of informative info on our car. And I here they have someone making a body kit for our cars. So they do have their moments. And from what I'm hearing the new body kit will be done before the end of this year. Hopefully,

PrimeTimeGt
03-11-2003, 01:48 PM
I recently purchased a 93 Silver 5 speed probe gt for 1,200 w/ absolutely nothing wrong i bought it off my dads friend who gave me a great deal..came w/ 16" rims & tires lowering springs and apline cd player.

EvilVin
05-17-2003, 02:06 AM
I'd have to agree with others about PT. I've been on there for about 2 years and you will find really cool people and assholes. Mostly assholes who don't care about your opinion. I've been flamed plenty of times on there for opening my mouth. I go on there now only to look at the For Sale forums or if I need to find something. Its not worth my time to argue with some one or have the power tripping moderator come in close a post.

I mostly hang out on the new board. http://nepo.mindcrash.net/index.php

Not as much traffic but much friendly crowd. I'm a moderator on that board but it doesn't feel like it cause there aren't any problems.

oh well. I'll be around on here now that I found it. Talk to ya later.

Miguel Gonzales
07-04-2003, 12:33 AM
Hello! My wife owns a 89 LX with the 2.2 Im not a ford man but shes a ford girl. She just finish paying off the car when we first dated. Since Ive know her I have to replace the CVs, motor, motor mounts, transmission mounts, speedo cable, brakes, a/c, 3 wheel bearings,(still need to change one more) alignment, new tires, new struts and shocks, and recently coming back from Texas I lost the gauge light dimmer switch and the powersteering pump. But the car keeps going. I noticed that parts from my 87 RX-7 look similar to the Probe. LIke the gauge clusters, the wiper switch,the light switch. Do they have Probes in Japan? I plan on doing a swap since I got her a new car. And the fact I have more time and money into the car then Ill get back. So Ill make it go faster. I was going to turn it into a beater ralley car due to its independed rear end. I have pics of the car with the motor out. Need to get them scanned So if you need any parts from a 89 LX 2.2 let me know. The motor has new front and rear main seals, cam shaft seals,timing belt,and water pump. The car took my family from Ft.Lauderdale,FL to Fort Worth, TX and the motor ran great.
F.O.R.D= Found On Road Dead, F@!ker Only Runs Downhill

DCC
07-27-2003, 05:08 PM
I have to agree that there are a lot of jerks on PT. I have been there for over 3 years and have seen it go down the tubes.

Now if you want information, people go off topic and start talking about unrelated topics, they argue about everything, the flame constantly if you don't agree with there opinions, finally there are the ones who think they are above eveyone else.

Most of the knowledgable people have left the board.

xtreme2
04-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Hey. For those who don't like probetalk anymore, as I know myself that since buying my Probe 8 months ago, I haven't had a very good experience there myself, I would like you all to know that there is a new site that I am helping with, called Probe-Enthusiast.com. It's a free, fun, clean community that welcomes all car enthusiasts, not just Probe Owners.

If you would like to join, we would love to have you. Simply click the link below, spend about 3 minutes registering, and enjoy the time of your life!

Probe-Enthusiast.com (http://forums.probe-enthusiast.com/)

Thanks, and have a nice day...

codyguy
04-16-2004, 08:03 AM
hey, i got a 93 pgt, and it is awesome, very fast, could be a little faster, but i still like it alot, my first probe, well actually my 2nd car all together, but i'm only 18 so i wouldn't attempt to compare any cars, but i still like the probe gts, they just look awesome, and you can do some pretty cool mods to them, especially the sleepy eye mod, very cool, peace

Add your comment to this topic!