Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 ford probe se 2.0L cold air intake problem

usnaotuck
02-25-2004, 02:13 AM
I just installed a basic cold air intake kit on my probe, and now my car doesn't run like it did with the factory air intake system on it, has anybody had this problem, when I push the gas down to accel. the engine bogs down and I don't get any power. Is there any thing I have to do after installing this new air intake. The new air intake just bolts on to my M.A.F. sensor. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

net1it
05-24-2004, 06:41 AM
Have you figured out what caused this. I just bought a probe and it is doing the same thing and I noticed that it has an aftermarket air intake system.

doucmehu
05-29-2004, 03:57 PM
did you remember to hook up the MAF sensor again?

DysProbe
06-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Like he said check to make sure you plugged the sensor back in to the VAF, also check for cracks in the older throttle body elbow tube. Is it a 2.0 or 2.5? Bah, nm, just read it's a 2.0. :) I have a 2.5, so can't really help you much.

If you get a chance check out www.probetalk.com and use the search forums, they have all the answers to anything you need, that is if you don't get it here.

xtreme2
06-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Yea. did you plug the IAT in where it should go? it's the sensor that was in the back of the airbox... it should plug into a hole about halfway down the tube...

Also, did you remember to put the gasket back in? It's the brown paper-like stuff in between the intake and MAF...

Go to Probe-Enthusiast.com and ask the question. I am sure someone can help you...

bcd81
08-13-2004, 08:28 AM
what you need to do is to replace the mass air censor I have 95 se with a homemade intake with electric blower and thats what i had to do i hope this help

Add your comment to this topic!