Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rims, tires, exhaust and header. Need opinions and help!

ajdragonf
02-24-2004, 10:05 PM
I have a 94 Accord Ex 5 speed. I'm looking to put either 17 or 18" rims on my vehicle. Is this possible? And if so, will this affect my speedo? I've never upgraded tires or rims before, and I'm a little hesitant in doing so. Also, I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust with a cat back system. What's a good quality affordable brand that would be easier to install myself? Finally, before spring rolls around, I would also like to intstall a new header in my Accord. Who makes some good headers, and how much am I looking to spend? THANKS A LOT EVERYONE!

Igovert500
02-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Switching rim sizes wont effect your speedo drastically, or even noticeably. Good tires to go with are Yokohomo Avid H4s, there are plenty of other really good tires to go with, I just mention these because they are on my honda and I can't complain. If you want cheap tires, go to tirerack.com, you'll save alot. I think my hedman 4-2-1 headers for around 200 bucks. There are two threads, listed "headers" and "gas mileage", (i think) that go through a few ideas for headers and exhaust, so try checking them out. I would think 17s would fit without a problem, not sure about the 18s, you would have to ask someone who has tried.

F23A4Racer750IL
02-25-2004, 05:46 PM
get 16" or 17". If u want an exhaust thats not loud and noticable but u will be satified then get either DC Sports or Greddy SP. other recommened exhausts by me are Greddy EVO, APEXi N1, or APEXi WS. for a Header a popular choice is DC Sports 4-2-1 ceramic coated or stainless steel. if ur eventually interested in intake (which is the performance mod i would do first) i would go with AEM V1 or V2, V1 if u dont want to spend that much but still make alotta of power. Injen is another good intake.

ajdragonf
02-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys, I just picked up the AEM V1 and I'm going to get some enkei 17s eventually. I'm thinkin the Greddy exhaust should do fine. I'll check out some headers too...will that increase my hp much?

Igovert500
02-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Headers and exhaust and intake will help your engine breathe better, and with all three you might pick up 10-15hp. But they really aren't going to make a HUGE difference if you aren't running any forced induction, ie supercharger or turbo. I'm not saying don't do it, I think its a good upgrade, I am just saying don't overestimate its effects. Happy moding~ Geoff

dansaccord
03-02-2004, 03:07 PM
hey man im in the same boat as ajdragonf. i was wondering about engine swaps as well as intakes, exhaust, and new springs. however i was told by a friend if i were to swap for an h22a for example, that id have to replace my brakes and suspension. is he right? cause that sounds like a lot of work that im not willing to go through with. is there any better alternatives to just striaght up swap without worrying about replacing just about everything in my engine bay? thanks. oh and i reccommend K&N intakes and filters by the way. another friend of mine just got the typhoon and has no complaints.

dansaccord
03-02-2004, 03:08 PM
by the way i drive a 5 speed 91 aqccord ex coupe. i forgot to include this in my previous post and im sure knowing what kind of transmission i have is useful in dealing with engine swaps. but yea. thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!