Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rear door won't open

duffy76
02-23-2004, 03:45 PM
The key goes in the button fine but you can't turn it left or right very far. I'm thinking about buying this 94 rodeo but not if I can't open the rear door. What needs to be done to get the door open.

Frozenhonolulu
02-26-2004, 07:59 PM
You should be able to crawl in the back and open a pannel on the door from the inside and open it from there. It may just need a little lube. That same thing happened to my Amigo and the lube worked fine, but cause it was just rusty.

duffy76
02-27-2004, 08:15 AM
I ended up getting the panel off from the inside. Then just popped the glass and opened the gate. I took the pushbutton out but couldn't get it to work. I took the button apart and filed a tab off that would let the button be pushed in without the key. Can't lock it now but that isn't an issue where I live. May get a new button in the future.

Frozenhonolulu
02-27-2004, 12:48 PM
As long as it works for you. I don't lock my doors either. I had a stereo stolen out of one of my hatch backs once. The funny thing was that they ripped the lock core out of the hatch back door and opened it that way, but it wasn't locked anyways. The keys were on the dash.

duffy76
03-02-2004, 09:09 AM
They won't be getting much if they get in. We bought this rodeo for a gas saver to drive back and forth to work and keep miles off of or big chevy truck.

Add your comment to this topic!