Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 S-10 Wiper Motor Problem

skubachick4
02-23-2004, 02:20 PM
I need some info if anyone out there has some.

I have a 97 S-10 and the wipers arent working. Well, they are very intermittent. I turn the wipers and all I get is a humming/buzzing noise and no movement. Is this awiper knob problem or motor problem? If anyone has had this work done what am I looking for fix costs?

doc13ryde
02-23-2004, 08:01 PM
I need some info if anyone out there has some.

I have a 97 S-10 and the wipers arent working. Well, they are very intermittent. I turn the wipers and all I get is a humming/buzzing noise and no movement. Is this awiper knob problem or motor problem? If anyone has had this work done what am I looking for fix costs?

My wipers were doing that I also have a 97 S10 and the problem was the circuit board on the wiper motor which is cheaper to fix than buying a whole new wiper motor. I recently got a recall notice on the wiper circuit board i forgot the exact name of it. So you should be able to get it fixed for free since they recalled the part just go to a local chevy dealer and ask them about it.

skubachick4
02-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Thanks. Ironically it was raining here today adn I took it to the chevy dealer. There is a recall and It will be taken care of.

Add your comment to this topic!