Page updated on 10-23-2017

Whats the purpose of tamiya ultra thin cement??

CRX_SOON
01-02-2002, 08:26 PM
I picked up a bottle of this stuff and tried to use it to glue some of the suspension parts and it took over night to set!! since it seems that this stuff doesn't work all that great for glueing stuff together, are there any other uses for it??

primera man
01-03-2002, 02:59 AM
Cant help you on this one sorry as i have never heard of the stuff.

Guiddy
01-03-2002, 03:37 AM
It's purpose it to glue the bare plastics parts before any prepatory work.
No paint must go near the parts, and you liberally brush it along the seam line, put the two parts together, i.e. two halves of a gearbox case, and then brush some more glue along the seam.
Leave to dry, the sand the seam down. It works well that way, melting the two halves together.
Never use it to stick small parts or any painted parts.

CRX_SOON
01-03-2002, 04:36 AM
well shit now you tell me :mad: will testors quick dry cement work for painted parts?? (i already painted most of the suspension parts)
also for the under part of the car do you guys just spray it all black then touch up the parts that need a different color?? I am trying to brush paint this part and it getting on my nurves.

Guiddy
01-03-2002, 06:34 AM
Either use thick super glue like Zap applied with a toothpick, or some sort of clear glue, like that WeldBond I posted about.

I follow the instructions regarding the chassis, and all parts are painted and look nice!
I have glass shelves and so you see the bottom of the cars!

Guiddy
01-03-2002, 06:37 AM
Like so...

Add your comment to this topic!