Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 Denali Steering Wheel wood/leather

Supra_Denali
02-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey there.. this may be a stupid question but I have an 04 sierra denali on order and the steering wheels in the denali and sierra are all leather. I swear I saw somewhere on a new GMC vehicle where the steering wheel had the dark black wood grain on the top and bottom of the steering wheel (just like the escalade) instead of all leather. I really like the dark black wood trim on top and bottom vs all leather. Where or how can i get the steering wheel im talking about...

thanks

tonytone
02-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Try jpcustoms.com--$375 for '03+ w/ audio controls. There might be a place that offers them for less, but I dunno of any off the top of my head.

Supra_Denali
02-24-2004, 06:12 PM
tonytone - thanks for the reply! I honestly thought I saw this on a factory vehicle.. I will try jpcustoms though.. thanks

gene_sun
02-25-2004, 01:55 PM
I have been research this for a while. At wooddash.com, you can get the it for $335.

But I have not pulled the trigger on this yet. My dealer told me it was not a good idea to do it. Tjey won't even put it on for me bcoz of "airbag issue".

Does anybody know more about this stuff?

tonytone
02-26-2004, 02:40 PM
I have been research this for a while. At wooddash.com, you can get the it for $335.

But I have not pulled the trigger on this yet. My dealer told me it was not a good idea to do it. Tjey won't even put it on for me bcoz of "airbag issue".

Does anybody know more about this stuff?
LOL--that's the dealership for ya! If they can't/won't do it--no big deal...but it can be done without any adverse issues. I read of one person who swapped his out on an '03 Denali no problem...can't vouch for the air bag, though. Then again, one would hope that one would never have to find out firsthand if the air bag will work, no? :lol2:

pacethis
02-27-2004, 12:31 AM
LOL--that's the dealership for ya! If they can't/won't do it--no big deal...but it can be done without any adverse issues. I read of one person who swapped his out on an '03 Denali no problem...can't vouch for the air bag, though. Then again, one would hope that one would never have to find out firsthand if the air bag will work, no? :lol2:

It's not big deal on the airbag...you merely change the steering wheel out and then re-hook up all the airbag controls...did this on my 98 vette to put a custom wheel in...

If that dealer won't do it, call another, you should be looking at 1 hr labor...

zutoo
03-04-2004, 07:00 PM
I've seen that steering wheel on eBay for under $300. Don't remeber exactly how much it was, but once you received it you had to send them yours. If you get one let me know how it works out. I wanna get one for my Denali, just havn't gotten around to it.

Add your comment to this topic!