Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rear door on 1998 GMC stuck?

Jimboal
02-22-2004, 05:26 PM
:smokin:

My rear driver side door on 1998 GMC Yukon is jammed? Will not open from outside or from inside. How can I resolve this myself?

aldag
10-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Have same problem on 97 Yukon SLT we had the child lock on and now the exterior latch will not open the door. All other doors open with remote entry and interior lock switch. Tryed manual unlock and lock with hand on exterior latch to feel for some type of catch but feel nothing. Any suggestions before I have to pay the piper? Thanks in advance.

00mike
02-07-2005, 02:18 PM
same problem here, on my 98'
had to resort to pulling off the interior panel and manually holding the clip/flang in place while pulling the handle, a real pain, not very asthetic to the interior but it reluctantly does the job.
can't say it's a very well engineered door mechanism..

84fiero123
02-12-2005, 06:18 PM
take the rear door pad off if the electric lock isnt working unplug the harness at the lock selonoid. and put a test light on it and have a helper push your lock buton both way to see if you have juice going to the unit, when the the child lock is on and when its off.
if there is juice to the unit and its not working the seconoid unit needs ro be replaced
if the door lock is working or at least trying to move then get some spray lube, any kind that has a straw. spray anything that moves, or should move. make sure everthing is moveing that should be.
these are older trucks and they may just need to be lubed. if not its posible something has come loose inside get in there with a buddy light and a mirror and check and make sure everthing is connected and moveing when its supposed to.
if everthing is it may be a defective latch mechenizum, the one that actually holds the door shut.
if you dont have juice to the lock selonoid then its in the wireing but that doesnt sound like your problem.

Add your comment to this topic!