Water leaking into passenger compartment

LSC SS
02-22-2004, 02:18 PM
On a 2000 Galant the entire passengers side carpet is wet. I will assume it is the evaporator drain not functioning properly since there is a service bulletin on alldata for it. (02-55-006)
Does anyone know the fix for this or what exactly I have to remove to get to the problem, I really don't feel like tearing into the dash on this thing blindly. :banghead:

galant2000
11-20-2004, 01:34 PM
I had this happen after a crash repair...there was a leaky body seam they neglected to fix. In your case, does it get wet when the AC is on, or when it is raining? Or both?! Could be the AC, but maybe your seam came open over time. In my case, I pulled the carpet back , and then poured water on the right side of the car, and watched it flow in....

Hope that helps!

On a 2000 Galant the entire passengers side carpet is wet. I will assume it is the evaporator drain not functioning properly since there is a service bulletin on alldata for it.... :banghead:

ragazzi99
11-28-2004, 05:30 PM
I had the same problem. Turns out that the previous owner had replaced the windshield and did a really crappy job. I went to a glass place and they resealed my windshield to the body, and that cleared up my leaking problem 100%. Cost about $100 and about 4 hours of my life.

99Galant
12-13-2004, 10:55 AM
I had the exact same problem on my 99 Galant. Water was coming in from under the dash on the passenger side. It turned out to be the result of a clogged air conditioner. My AC had become so clogged with dirt and leaves that water backed up when I turned the air on and poured into the passenger compartment. Fortunately, it was very cheap to fix.

jsinton
12-15-2004, 05:26 PM
I seem to be getting a lot of water in my trunk (91' galant.) I can't figure out where it's comming from. Anybody have any ideas?

sc1
12-10-2005, 09:55 AM
My wifes 2000 Galant has had water in the passenger compartment on the passenger side and it was the AC drain that was clogged. Fixed that but now we have water on the drivers side and I am going insane! Any thoughts on where this is coming from? AC drain pan again? Leak somewhere? Going crazy, help!!

Add your comment to this topic!