Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

intake

Igovert500
02-21-2004, 10:17 PM
I clicked the link that you left. Only one picture comes up, its the K&N FIPK. It doesnt' list what 3000gts its good for. From the picture, it's the one for the VR4. Check out www.3sxperformance.com If anything else, you can buy their pipe or get a cheap one built and buy the filter off ebay(possibly even the whole thing off ebay). But 162, or whatever they were charging for an FIPK is pretty good.

Igovert500
02-21-2004, 10:18 PM
sorry, I clicked the wrong button. This is in reply to Slade's post labeled "intake"

sLADe781
02-21-2004, 11:34 PM
I clicked the link that you left. Only one picture comes up, its the K&N FIPK. It doesnt' list what 3000gts its good for. From the picture, it's the one for the VR4. Check out www.3sxperformance.com If anything else, you can buy their pipe or get a cheap one built and buy the filter off ebay(possibly even the whole thing off ebay). But 162, or whatever they were charging for an FIPK is pretty good.

You're right, I clicked on the link and it only gave me one picture too. I don't know why that is!?! If you click on "intakes" to the left, and then "intake system" then the one that I was looking at should be the fourth one down. Anyways, under details, it says "All" so I was assuming that it meant that it would fit any year of the GTs!?! :confused: What do you think?

Also, how come 3000GTs are always coupled with Stealths (Dodge, right?). I always see the both of them together....

YogsVR4
02-22-2004, 12:43 AM
You're right, I clicked on the link and it only gave me one picture too. I don't know why that is!?! If you click on "intakes" to the left, and then "intake system" then the one that I was looking at should be the fourth one down. Anyways, under details, it says "All" so I was assuming that it meant that it would fit any year of the GTs!?! :confused: What do you think?

Also, how come 3000GTs are always coupled with Stealths (Dodge, right?). I always see the both of them together....

It'll fit any year model.

The Stealth and the 3000GT are identicle under the skin. Kind of like the Talon and Eclipse were.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

sLADe781
02-22-2004, 02:04 AM
It'll fit any year model.

The Stealth and the 3000GT are identicle under the skin. Kind of like the Talon and Eclipse were.

Under the skin meaning engine? How about the interior?

Igovert500
02-22-2004, 12:19 PM
yep, engine, drivetrain, all the same. They just let Dodge do their own styling, so the outside is different. Not sure exactly how similar the interiors are. Most things as far as layout, would stay the same, but I am not sure if all interior parts are interchangeable. But any performance or power modifications would be identical for the two cars, as long as you make sure your getting it for the correct platform(ie, twin turbo, regular DOHC, or SOHC), and generation(year).

3000GT4ME
02-22-2004, 09:27 PM
I just bought an intake off ebay, it was only 65 with shipping and it works great. The cold air intake is deffinitly something that you need on your 3k.

sLADe781
02-23-2004, 12:56 PM
I just bought an intake off ebay, it was only 65 with shipping and it works great. The cold air intake is deffinitly something that you need on your 3k.

Hey 3000GT4ME, did you buy just the airfilter or the airfilter and the pipe? What brand did you buy and for what year and type of car? Also, is it the one that just replaces the old one or did it go all the way to the bottom of the engine? Thanks. :)

sLADe781
02-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Okay, I know I've been up and down this road with intake systems and so forth but I'm still not fully "there" yet. I really want to get a new intake to replace my stock one, but I can't find any. Find any meaning both an air filter and the pipe. I called the companies and even called both K&N and Injen and all of them said that they said that they don't carry the pipe and only the filter (well, Injen don't even carry the filter for the 3000GT).I don't want to make the pipe myself because I honestly don't know how and would rather buy both the pipe and the filter together from the same company. So my question is, where can I find one??? Help!?! Thanks guys.

Igovert500
02-23-2004, 06:33 PM
www.3sxperformance.com

3SX Performance Automotive
11525 Rocky River Church Road
Charlotte, NC 28215
Phone: 704.545.6400
Email: info@3SXPerformance.com

Shop Hours of Operation:
9:00am -7:00pm Mon-Fri (Eastern)
Closed Sat-Sun

Call and ask them about it. They have a pipe for 200, but I don't know if I would consider that worth it. Honestly, I would ask about a K&N FIPK for your car, or just get one of their ghetto versions(any cone intake filter with adapter bracket) for 70 or 80 bucks. These guys will point you in the right direction, they only deal with our cars and know what they are talking about.

sLADe781
02-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Honestly, I would ask about a K&N FIPK for your car, or just get one of their ghetto versions(any cone intake filter with adapter bracket) for 70 or 80 bucks.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about spending $200 for only the pipe. And well, I did call K&N but they only have filter and not the pipe. I thought the K&N FIPK came with both the filter and the pipe, no? Because some places do say that have the kit but when I call, they say it's only the air filter. A bit misleading there... But yeah, where does everyone get their air filter and pipe from?

I'll try giving http://www.3sxperformance.com a call tomorrow. Thanks again Igovert500. :)

3000GT4ME
02-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Okay search ebay for 3000GT intakes, i bought one that was xoxo parts i believe. The description for mine was for 93-99 SL or something. But it does say "not fit." All that means is when you take out the stock intake and replace it with this new one that you have to change one thing. When you take out your stock intake there is a hole that it gets it's air from that goes to the front fender, infront of the right tire. The new one you have to make that hole wider and the pipe actually feeds down into that hole. Then you have to take your front right tire off and a couple of other pieces the put the filter on. If that helps let me know. And yes it does come with the pipe and filter.

sLADe781
02-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Okay search ebay for 3000GT intakes, i bought one that was xoxo parts i believe. The description for mine was for 93-99 SL or something. But it does say "not fit." All that means is when you take out the stock intake and replace it with this new one that you have to change one thing. When you take out your stock intake there is a hole that it gets it's air from that goes to the front fender, infront of the right tire. The new one you have to make that hole wider and the pipe actually feeds down into that hole. Then you have to take your front right tire off and a couple of other pieces the put the filter on. If that helps let me know. And yes it does come with the pipe and filter.

Okay, so I searched for 3000GT intakes and it came up with 0! But then I do 3000GT intake and 84 hits pop up. Talk about being case sensitive. 3000GT4ME, does this intake go all the way under your engine? Because it seems that way from your description... Do they have any that just stays on top? Because I was talking to a friend and he said that if it goes all the way down, it's good but if you live in a place that rains a lot and you run over a puddle, the intake will suck in the water and mess your engine up. So I was looking for a system that just stays on top.... Also, I've never heard of this brand before....any one know about them!?!

Igovert500
02-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Your friend is being cautious, but in all honestly, unless you are driving through 2 feet of water, I really wouldn't worry about it. 2ndly, intakes aren't that big a deal, they all do about the same, so don't worry about the brands too much. If 3000gt4me says it works for him, then go 4 it.

3000GT4ME
02-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Exactly.... the filter won't let water in, unless you are planning on parking in 2 feet of water or driving through it all the time. They are built to have some water in contact with them. I mean if you want to go the expensive way then go for it but i went the cheap way and it does the exact same thing.

Add your comment to this topic!