Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Error code pulled on my car what is it?

bridget36907
02-21-2004, 10:05 PM
codes were pulled on my car and I think it was po604 which reads as this

Internal Control Module Random Access Memory (RAM) Error as he said it had something to do with the pcm....what could cause that code and how to fix it?

on the other hand it could have been po640 which stands for Intake Air Heater Control Circuit but he said it has to do with the pcm (qdm???)

so how would i fix the second one also?

thanks for all information thanks

Flatrater
02-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Your Ram code would be cured by a new PCM.

As for your P0640 I believe you mean itake air temp! Make sure the sensor is plugged in. Many times when checking your air filter it can come unplugged, so make sure its plugged in.

bridget36907
02-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi thanks for your response..what symptoms would occur with that pcm error? thanks

Flatrater
02-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Most likely you woud only see a check engine light on! Its just like your home PC when the ram goes down so does your computer but on a car the computer has defaults that keep the engine running. Now the defaults will allow you to drive your car but the performance will not be the best it can be.

RABarrett
02-23-2004, 01:15 PM
If the code 640 is a heater problem, it is likely that the computer cannot see the circuit to ground through the wiring to the heater element. If that is the case, burn-off cannot occur, causing its share of problems. The 604 code relates to the PCM's access to its memory, which will cause slow responses to inputs. It will directly affect driveability. Knowing which it is would help. Ray

bridget36907
02-25-2004, 01:00 PM
thanks for all responses...When the codes were pulled he said a new computer would fix it it has basically no drivablity problems but it has an occasional miss and the engine light is on constantly..thanks

Add your comment to this topic!