Prerunner lift?

pearlpower
02-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Hello all
I have a 98 stock cab Tacoma and would like a little lift. Something on the order of a Prerunner would be perfect for me. Does anyone know how much of a lift the PreRunner has? thank you

redtoy92
02-22-2004, 05:30 AM
Hello all
I have a 98 stock cab Tacoma and would like a little lift. Something on the order of a Prerunner would be perfect for me. Does anyone know how much of a lift the PreRunner has? thank you

OOhhh..man I am so lost on your question. you have a 98 stock 2wd tacoma? A 4wd? I don't think you have the pre runner if that is what you want your truck to look like. The pre-runner is the same as the 4wd. Both use the same set up and frame, the pre runner is just 2wd. so if you have a 4wd you are already there. If you have a 2wd non-prerunner you will need3-5 inchs of lift and some 31's to be up there. the prerunner has no lift! you need to read your question and rewrite it so i can give you the answer you want. Red

pearlpower
02-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. Now if I had a 4wd, then I would not be looking for the PreRunner look, now would I? Since as you stated ,they are the same. So obviously I have a 2wd. Now does anyone know if I would need a 3",4", or a 5" lift on my STOCK 2wd tacoma to acheive this?
thank you

redtoy92
02-22-2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. Now if I had a 4wd, then I would not be looking for the PreRunner look, now would I? Since as you stated ,they are the same. So obviously I have a 2wd. Now does anyone know if I would need a 3",4", or a 5" lift on my STOCK 2wd tacoma to acheive this?
thank you

you are more then welcome for the reply. I don't know if you would be looking for the pre-runner look if you had a 4wd. From your question i wasn't going to throw anything past you. thanks for the reply back. I see you have a 2wd! you will need 3-5 inchs or more and some 31's or 265/70/16's. and you will need some cool badges that say pre-runner! then you will really have the look you want! :sly:

pearlpower
02-22-2004, 05:41 PM
you are more then welcome for the reply. I don't know if you would be looking for the pre-runner look if you had a 4wd. From your question i wasn't going to throw anything past you. thanks for the reply back. I see you have a 2wd! you will need 3-5 inchs or more and some 31's or 265/70/16's. and you will need some cool badges that say pre-runner! then you will really have the look you want! :sly:

thank you. I am not looking to imitate a PreRunner. I can't stand those that try to pretend to have something . Sort of like putting GS300 badges on a GS400. I just like the lift of the PreRunner and 4wd models. Since there is a price difference between a 3 and 5 lift, I was trying to pin down which it is so I make the correct choice the first time.
thank you

'03DC3.4TRD4X4
03-03-2004, 09:51 AM
pearlpower, consider this. Instead of going for a "look" go for all-around performance. Your 2wd is faster than a comparable 4wd truck simply because it is some 600 lbs. lighter--this is why racers choose trucks like yours to run baja--less weight to manage (accellerate, turn and return to earth after a mega launch into the stratosphere!) Fabtech builds kits made exactly for your application that will actually improve the handling of your truck. You can go as large as 31 in. tires without a body lift or at least minimal body lift. Also, another advantage to your project is you only have to re-gear one axle! go to 4:56 or 4:88 and a limited slip (or even a selectable locker) and again you will also gain in overall performance.
A word about Redtoy--he may come off as a bit condescending, but he is knowledgeable enough and he is a Toyota fan so he's alright in my book.
Sorry Redtoy, as I am a bit condescending myself here! It all comes down to this-- We "get it." Whether we are brand new to the Toyota club or an old salt, we need to understand that you have to be young and stupid before you can be old and wise. and anyone driving a Toyota truck has, clearly, passed beyond the "young and stupid" phase and is now well on his/her way to true wisdom!

redtoy92
03-04-2004, 02:28 AM
pearlpower, consider this. Instead of going for a "look" go for all-around performance. Your 2wd is faster than a comparable 4wd truck simply because it is some 600 lbs. lighter--this is why racers choose trucks like yours to run baja--less weight to manage (accellerate, turn and return to earth after a mega launch into the stratosphere!) Fabtech builds kits made exactly for your application that will actually improve the handling of your truck. You can go as large as 31 in. tires without a body lift or at least minimal body lift. Also, another advantage to your project is you only have to re-gear one axle! go to 4:56 or 4:88 and a limited slip (or even a selectable locker) and again you will also gain in overall performance.
A word about Redtoy--he may come off as a bit condescending, but he is knowledgeable enough and he is a Toyota fan so he's alright in my book.
Sorry Redtoy, as I am a bit condescending myself here! It all comes down to this-- We "get it." Whether we are brand new to the Toyota club or an old salt, we need to understand that you have to be young and stupid before you can be old and wise. and anyone driving a Toyota truck has, clearly, passed beyond the "young and stupid" phase and is now well on his/her way to true wisdom!

No problem! I am just so use to the TTORA board that I don't remember that there are people out there who have tacomas that don't know anything about them. I will be more laid back and understanding on this board for now on. SO for anybody i flamed! RED

Add your comment to this topic!