Veyron - not even close for production !!!

Volken
02-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Month after month,year after year since Chiron concept
Veyron is always around the corner "ready" for production, WELL, not quite :

http://www.autodrome-cannes.com/prototype_presented_by_vw-eng.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/volken/4Forum/SynergyPriulonne2004.jpg

993cc Man
02-23-2004, 11:08 AM
...wonder if they have collected any deposits on the car... at least one top car german dealer has been advertising the car for months now..

CarPassionist
02-23-2004, 03:20 PM
There are difficulties with the suspension/transimission. :rolleyes:

The car cannot last no more than 90% of the 1001PS and torque.
Former problems: cooling of the engine, brakes and aerodynamic efficiency have been solved!

Greetings, George

993cc Man
02-23-2004, 07:26 PM
That is strange.... I remember them saying that the engine was good for 1200 horses and that it is the only element in the car that's "understressed". Tyres and aerodynamic efficiency above 350 km/h seemed to be the major problems upto until recently.... I hope they come true but IT IS starting to look more and more as they're learning as they go along. Truth be told though they ARE actually going where no one has gone before........

SuPeRcAr_MaN
02-24-2004, 03:43 PM
The only thing I can say is I hope these problems are solved and Bugatti gets this thing on the road. I am glad they didn't give up and say the problems were beyond fixing. It takes a lot of work to make the fastest car in the world.

MioCLK
03-15-2004, 12:30 AM
It probably wouldn't be the fastest car anymore, recent report said it won't only be capable of 218mph, instead of 252mph
http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=02935476

jfiliss
05-01-2004, 07:29 AM
I wonder how they are planning to limit top speed. If it will be electronically limited (which would seem a little odd at these speeds), then the Veyron's other performance figures will probably stand as before. But if they are planning to change gearings, then the car will likely be even faster in most other benchmarks. I don't know what traction problems the car will have, even with AWD, but you might see something like a 0-60 mph in 2.6 seconds instead of the current 2.9. Again, assuming it can get the power to the ground. :smile:

Since they seem to be having a whole string of problems, it is also likely that they will put additonal effort into lightening the car. Removing weight can help most performance-related issues, such as acceleration, braking, handling, stress on the drivetrain, heating problems, and so forth.

68 chevelle
06-03-2004, 02:25 PM
does anyone know if its true than the vayron is capeable of 350 mph?
thats what i heard and im wondering if its true?

jfiliss
06-03-2004, 06:26 PM
No, definitely not. :) At one time, it was projected to go 252 mph, but that seems unlikely now. Read MioCLK's post and link.

68 chevelle
06-03-2004, 07:40 PM
wow the person that told me was way off they said it was like this
0-60 2 flat
top speed 350mph
7 speed manual trans
is the rest of this true

thats for the info though

993cc Man
06-09-2004, 10:53 AM
wow the person that told me was way off they said it was like this
0-60 2 flat
top speed 350mph
7 speed manual trans
is the rest of this true

thats for the info though

And they thought the Net was full of crap! There's still nothing like Saturday night bar talk ..........

And do us a favor try to read previous threads before you post man! It's all been discussed a zillion times!

PS: 7 speeds are correct (but not manual)

Add your comment to this topic!