Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

XM radio

hayer_hb
02-19-2004, 03:21 PM
When we bought our 03 Yukon XL they told us we could have XM built into our radio but at the time we didn't opt for it. Does anyone know if the standard Bose stereo carry the XM stuff needed to operate it if we subscribe? My husband bought me the external set up and we would like the built in model because it runs off the tape deck. Any idea of how much it would be for the XM adaptable radio?

pacethis
02-27-2004, 12:39 AM
When we bought our 03 Yukon XL they told us we could have XM built into our radio but at the time we didn't opt for it. Does anyone know if the standard Bose stereo carry the XM stuff needed to operate it if we subscribe? My husband bought me the external set up and we would like the built in model because it runs off the tape deck. Any idea of how much it would be for the XM adaptable radio?

To my knowledge, it's one of those parts that GM won't sell you (ie, if your vehicle didn't come with it, too bad). They can only service units as all repairs need a core replacement.

I happen to have one on eBay, fwiw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38645&item=2462472997

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get installed, but this is the unit you would need. I know that some people have had it done and I think it requires a Tech II (something your friendly GM dealer can assist you with) and about 5 minutes once the unit is physically installed. I've heard that someone found a source on them for $950, but that's ridiculous...anyway, mine's at no reserve, so high bidder gets it...

Add your comment to this topic!