Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 S-10 4.3 Eng. Code W

birddylicious
02-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Got a few questions about my truck...

First off, under hard acceleration, my tach flicks around alot. Also when idling it fluctuates about 50 RPM but very quickly, and it appears as the motor is running smooth in both instances - anyone know what the problem could be?

Secondly, the serpentine belt that is on my truck has 5 grooves in it. Is there a chevy produt that has a 4 groove belt ( I believe 84 and under?) and if so, will one of those crank pullies bolt onto my truck?

Lastly, my truck is a true S-10 SS, posi rear end - anyone know the gear ratio in it? (I dont have the inner glove box anymore - i removed it, and it got lost in a "Gargage Clean Up"

Thank you in advance for any help,

Brandon

birdalicious@hotmail.com

jcrx is a turd
02-19-2004, 11:28 AM
they never made a s10 ss
you sound foolish

bigblackone
02-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Got a few questions about my truck...

First off, under hard acceleration, my tach flicks around alot. Also when idling it fluctuates about 50 RPM but very quickly, and it appears as the motor is running smooth in both instances - anyone know what the problem could be?

Secondly, the serpentine belt that is on my truck has 5 grooves in it. Is there a chevy produt that has a 4 groove belt ( I believe 84 and under?) and if so, will one of those crank pullies bolt onto my truck?

Lastly, my truck is a true S-10 SS, posi rear end - anyone know the gear ratio in it? (I dont have the inner glove box anymore - i removed it, and it got lost in a "Gargage Clean Up"

Thank you in advance for any help,

Brandon

birdalicious@hotmail.com

LMAO ... he's banned ... (the turd)

anyway ...

1) not sure about the tach ... maybe somone else can answer that for you

2) not sure on that one either ... you can get underdrive pullies though for that ... they also sell the belts for them ... I didnt get one for mine tho ... dont think thats a good mod for me ...

3)3.42 ... at least thats whats on my 94 SS ... good year huh?

birddylicious
02-20-2004, 02:21 AM
Great Year For An S-10.... Love my truck...cant complain at a 14.7 second 1/4 mile pass bone stock, with tonneau cover and stereo...

Know what the HP and Torque rating is on out motors?

Obviously turd (or shit for brains) doesnt know his chevy's that well!

I dont need underdrives, i have a compressor for my air ride that is belt drive, but it is a 4 grove pully on the compressor, not a 5 like my truck, so i was going to double out the crank pully, and run it that way (with a custom made (by me) bracket to hold the comressor - and someone told me the belt off an 86 will work. Thanks anyways :)

cobra1
02-20-2004, 04:42 AM
195 HP, 260 lb/ft torque

the '95's dropped to 191 HP, but actually had a little bit better heads (screw in rocker studs)

and yes, S-10 SS's came factory with 3.42 rears.

DrumFreak777
04-08-2004, 12:40 PM
94 was a really good year for the s-10. The only problem is with the flash memory. I've had a really hard time finding mods to do on my truck that aren't bolt ons. I have an intake manafold that edelbrock says can't be used with flash memory because of over fueling. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work, or anything else I can do to my truck?

I already have small stuff like throttle body spacer, K&N filter and stuff... anything else? Besides slapping on a turbo...

anything would help thanx

DrumFreak777
04-14-2004, 12:53 PM

Add your comment to this topic!