Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Honda RSX?

Spectre927
02-17-2004, 10:36 PM
With the S2000 and hopefully the HSC, does Honda really have a need for the Acura name?

Spectre927
02-17-2004, 10:43 PM
I just think its wierd that the HSC would be released under the Honda name, when Acura is the 'luxury' branch. Its like they're trying to show Americans that Honda is a contendor and not just an econo car producer, unless they want a more affordable NSX type ca(an econo NSX)r, that more people can afford and didnt want it to compete with Acura's NSX.

Kinked210
02-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Doesn't Honda/Acura have something to do with import laws also? In some countries they have like Honda Integras etc...

whtteg
02-18-2004, 05:58 PM
The U.S is the only place that Acura exsists, everywhere else it is called Honda.

And I kinda like the Acura name, even though it is the same company it does kinda seperate the cars into ecomony and luxury performance catagories.

HondaIntegraXSI
02-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Acura is the canadian based honda company that have engeneers that replace japaneese parts with other (U.S.) parts to have another reason to inflate the retail value, therefore develpoing a more profitable income. The USDM parts ayso give more job to Japs so their unemployment rate will go down. Some valuable info gathered from a old college buddy.

Spectre927
02-18-2004, 08:34 PM
The U.S is the only place that Acura exsists, everywhere else it is called Honda.

And I kinda like the Acura name, even though it is the same company it does kinda seperate the cars into ecomony and luxury performance catagories.

I agree. Some people almost seem to not even realize it. They diss on honda, but not too often do I hear about acura. Typical, only america cares about the name of the company. Oh well, it seems to be working.

tran_nsx
02-18-2004, 08:37 PM

:iagree:, although, if honda drop off the acura name and combine the two, people wouldn't be making fun of people driving hondas anymore :icon16:. just like the hsc spectre have in his sig, if people see that car having the honda license plate or emblem, they wouldn't be laughing i bet.

whtteg
02-18-2004, 09:39 PM
:iagree:, although, if honda drop off the acura name and combine the two, people wouldn't be making fun of people driving hondas anymore :icon16:. just like the hsc spectre have in his sig, if people see that car having the honda license plate or emblem, they wouldn't be laughing i bet.

I think that for some narrow minded people it will never change. Now I have to admit that at one point in my life I was anti-honda.:eek: Yes yes I know just hear me out:sly:. The first experience I had with honda involved a ricer in a riced out 92 civic. He claimed all this crap and that he would own me blah blah blah. Well that made me assume that that was what honda was all about. Keep in mind that I was in high school at the time and I was narrow minded and obserdly mean to people that I did not like etc. But after a serious accident I had to bum rides from people and one freind gave me a ride in his 91 civic and I relised that it was not that bad. He let me drive it some and I kinda started to like it so I bought a 91 4dr civic. I put that car through absolute hell, and it just wanted more. In an unfortunate, dumb thing on my part I tred to clean the TB and this civic has the DPI, so when I re-installed the box that goes on top of the TB I di dnot use locktite. This was my first honda and I did not know alot about them yet, but that soon changed as the bolts came loose and then got sucked into the motor :eek7:. Yea rebuild time, so when I tore the motor down I was absolutely amazed. I have done rebuilds on alot of domestic motors back in the day and I had never seen suck a well designed motor. Everything looked to be in really good condition. It made me take even another 2nd look at honda, and now I will always have at least one honda in my driveway. :bigthumb:

Sorry to ramble on guys :p

riceroni
02-19-2004, 02:14 PM
http://rsx.clubrsx.com/typer/typer31.jpg

Spectre927
02-19-2004, 02:37 PM
http://rsx.clubrsx.com/typer/typer31.jpg

I dont think you understood my post. Try and find one of those at you're local Honda dealership...

riceroni
02-20-2004, 01:54 PM
i know i know. i just wanted to post it.

BUT if you REALLY wasnt me to be on topic...then..
i don't think they should be all hondas. acuras and hondas have very distinct personalities about them. acuras deserve to be acuras.

Spectre927
02-20-2004, 04:33 PM
i know i know. i just wanted to post it.

BUT if you REALLY wasnt me to be on topic...then..
i don't think they should be all hondas. acuras and hondas have very distinct personalities about them. acuras deserve to be acuras.

That's exactly how they want you to feel. Nothing wrong with that. :smile:

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/mdx/image/top-image.jpg

Does this "accord" look familiar?
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/accord/image/top-image.jpg

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/legend/image/top-image.jpg

whtteg
02-20-2004, 04:40 PM
WTF is that on the front of that MDX?

Spectre927
02-20-2004, 08:48 PM
WTF is that on the front of that MDX?

I'm guessing its some kind of extra mirror perhaps to help keep people from hitting the curbs or maybe to get a better view of whats behind them.

Blufire
02-22-2004, 04:44 AM
That's exactly how they want you to feel. Nothing wrong with that. :smile:

No, no, I understand what he's saying, and it makes sense. They have intentionally built them into separate brand images, much like Nissan has done with Infiniti. Plus, they have way too many different models to be integrated into one lineup (and yes, some of them are alike).

Spectre927
02-22-2004, 02:06 PM
No, no, I understand what he's saying, and it makes sense. They have intentionally built them into separate brand images, much like Nissan has done with Infiniti. Plus, they have way too many different models to be integrated into one lineup (and yes, some of them are alike).

Does anyone understand what I'm saying. Toyota and Lexus is another example, however, go to Japan and you will actually see Lexus ads

Here is a RHD altezza(IS300) with the L on the steering wheel.
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/lancia/58/gallery/toyota/is200_inteior.jpg

Other companies merely rename certain cars, while Honda creates a whole new brand. You think they have to many cars to go under the Honda name, how many of their designs do you actually think we get imported...

The JDM (Honda) Accord is almost a replica of a USDM (Acura) TSX. And try finding an RSX in Japan; they still call it an Integra.
Now everyone thinks that Acura is superior to Honda. This topic isn't a big deal to me, but its just interesting how succesful they were in getting people who wouldn't drive a Honda to take a second look at an Acura because Acura's are "luxurious." They're all Honda's, but when the cars that are going to be driven on US streets come out, they swap all the Honda branding for Acura's logos with the exception of the engine compartment. Like I said, this topic isn't a big deal to me, I just thought it was wierd, but then I realized it was very smart on their part

Spectre927
02-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah. Our Honda Accord here is called a Honda Inspire in Japan... :screwy:

SmellBurntRubber
04-03-2004, 02:28 PM
I believe its all the name, the US has just become accustomed to associating Acura with a super nice luxury car. If someone would say I drive a 04 HONDA TL it wouldnt have as much of an effect as ACURA TL, but if Acura never even existed then it would be harder for some uneducated people to disinguish the car as luxorious or just an econo car, am I making any sense?

freekinfreak
04-04-2004, 07:33 AM
I can remember a few years back, reading an article about this Honda/Acura thing. Acura was trying to break away from Honda by using their own motors. Of course Honda of Japan said no freekin way. And from what I understood,and I am probably wrong, the Acuras were design and engineered here in the U.S. Anybody else hear anything like this?

TypeRDood86
04-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Hmm, I haven't heard that. I don't think it's anywhere near true :P.

Acura wouldn't be an Acura without the Honda engine ;).

Add your comment to this topic!