Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

front wheel speed sensors

tjh109
02-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Has anyone had a problem with there front wheel speed sensors. If so does it feel like your truck just pulls to the side for no reasons while going around a turn or bend in the road? Please advise.

Will308
02-18-2004, 04:54 AM
I have a 2003 Denali XL. I changed the wheels to my old set I used on my '97 suburban. They're Enkie 17"x 10", XZs with Pirelli Scorpions. When this combination was on the Denali, the traction control would engage while making a slow right turn. It came on breifly and not on every turn I made. I installed the factory wheels for winter and haven't had the problem. I guess it has to do with the diameter of the aftermarket wheel and tire combination being slightly smaller than stock.
Hope this helps in some way.
Will

secondsout
09-19-2004, 06:56 AM
I was actually searching info for a different problem when I came across this forum and your question. We have had what seems to be the same problem for a few months now, and without leaving the car at the shop for an extended time while they do who know what, we weren't sure what the problem was.

The Yukon will pull to the right either when braking or usually at higher speeds on the freeway (when you least want it to-scares you to death!), like you said, if going around a bend or passing, etc. It seems if we get the steering wheel to about a 1:00 position, it will give without any "tension". Does this sound at all like what you had? and was it the speed sensors or something else? Thanks so much!

Add your comment to this topic!