Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

400$

redLS
02-16-2004, 01:04 PM
ok so my friend wants to race me and everyones got money in on this for some reason. anyways, what do u think will win off the line my 94 ls with intake, headers, new clutch or my friends new corrolla(not the s) with intake

tran_nsx
02-16-2004, 01:23 PM
u will kick his butt unless u don't know how to drive or he has something up his sleeve.

integralover
02-16-2004, 01:34 PM
:iagree:

white gsr
02-16-2004, 01:37 PM
its a corrolla

integrasedan
02-16-2004, 01:39 PM
this if very interesting

first off, new corollas are built for economy not performance, the old school ones are faster like the gts with 4AG-E engines that also come super-charged in the old MR2. their red line was 7500rpm.

the new corolla is big and weighs more vs. small teggy

the new corolla has 130hp stock vs. integra 142hp stock
the rollas all have the same engine including the S model with has side skirts.

i read that the rolla does 0-60 in about 9 sec. vs. integra about 8 sec

however, you still need to be a good driver to win.

update us if you race

knorwj
02-16-2004, 02:04 PM
hmmm i dunno guys. My best friend has a 2000 corolla with the 1.8 vvti engine an injen air intake, custom piped exhaust and hollowed out cat, and toyo proxy tires, also its an auto.

i gotta admit as much as i made fun of him for buying it it is no slouch. he will easily beat civics left and right. He used to screw around with our buddy who had a 91 ls with intake and exhaust, and i gotta tell you the ls couldn't shake him. and this was before the intake went on the 'rolla

last summer after he had a full body kit installed he beat a civic with a b18b in it. i was in the car with him and he had the civic off the line by about half a car, and by shut down had the civic by a car length. The civic had exhaust other than that i dunno ( mightta been just the muffler?)

invizibleazn
02-16-2004, 02:16 PM
if what u said was true as in that corolla only havin an intake u willtear him up but he must have something up his sleeve if he's willin'to bet 400....well good luck, tellus how it go

sameintheend01
02-16-2004, 02:51 PM
unless the corolla is stick and you are auto.

whtteg
02-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Ok guys I have drove the corolla S, when my teg was in the body shop, they gave me a corolla S as a loaner car. Man when I left the dealership I almost got into an accident b/c I hit the gas and nothing happened, what a slow car. It was auto and had the vvti.

tran_nsx
02-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Ok guys I have drove the corolla S, when my teg was in the body shop, they gave me a corolla S as a loaner car. Man when I left the dealership I almost got into an accident b/c I hit the gas and nothing happened, what a slow car. It was auto and had the vvti.

:lol2:man that is comedy. i personally raced a corolla-s type or what ever its called at a roll up the freeway ramp. before i raced him, the driver had about 6 car lengths ahead of me, and when he saw me coming he floored it also. the funny part was that i just kept on creeping on him till i passed him and his girl. he had that wtf look on his face, that was hilarious.

whtteg
02-16-2004, 06:06 PM
:lol2:man that is comedy.

Yeah I know I did not want to let anyone know that I drove one for a while, unless it was for a good cause. :grinno:

knorwj
02-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Yeah I know I did not want to let anyone know that I drove one for a while, unless it was for a good cause. :grinno:

can we call you whtrolla now?:naughty:

whtteg
02-16-2004, 08:03 PM
can we call you whtrolla now?:naughty:
HAHA funny guy we have here :p

HAHA it was white too, so that makes it even funnier lol. So I guess for a breif little while that would be correct :shakehead. I remember when I went to my girl's house, she laughed at me and made fun of it all the time, so we started driving her car around when ever we would go somewhere together. she drives a teg too :grinyes:

ghost94
02-16-2004, 08:39 PM
:killbarneWhat are you waiting to get your drivers licence.:loser: If any one asked me to race I know that there would not be time to post, to ask if you thought i'd win.:screwy:WTF? And if someone had the nuts to bet 400$that would make the race happen that much faster.just my :2cents: Iguess Ijust dont care unless its a race.

ghost94
02-16-2004, 08:41 PM
oh yeah do let us know what happened:evillol:

Kinked210
02-18-2004, 12:17 AM
sorry dude but if you lose....im gonna make like 50 posts of me just laughing...its gonna be like "HAHAHA x50" on each post too...

ghost94
02-19-2004, 11:19 AM
sorry dude but if you lose....im gonna make like 50 posts of me just laughing...its gonna be like "HAHAHA x50" on each post too...
:loser: I guess he lost we havent heard back? :screwy:
:rofl: HA HA HA HA :rofl:

Add your comment to this topic!