Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 ES 300 turn signal problem

austinnomech
02-15-2004, 08:05 PM
The right turn signal started blinking double time and the front light was dim. Then it switched and now the left signal is double time, with the right light dim. I switched a part under the dashboard (I'm so non-mechanical I don't remember the name of the part, but it was a little black, roughly cubical thing that just sort of plugged in) on the recommendation of a Pep Boys employee, but that didn't help.

Any ideas how this can be fixed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Joe W
02-19-2004, 10:09 PM
You could replace both front bulbs and see if that helps otherwise it's probably a bad connection.(Socket or wires).

Chapol
10-11-2004, 08:32 PM
I agree, it could be the bulbs.

To access the bulb on my '99: under the hood, on either side in the front, there should be a small rubber cover. Lift it up to find a screw, and remove the screw. That should allow you to pull out the entire lense assembly and replace the bulb. It's a snap!

panzer2
08-18-2005, 12:54 AM
One more thing... after I removed the light assembly, it took me a while to figure out how to get to the bulb (there is only one bulb by the way). What you do is turn the connector (at the end of the cable that is connected to the light assembly housing) 1/4 turn counterclockwise and pull out the connector which has the light bulb. What I found after removing the bulb is goo (technical term) on the bulb contacts. Once I cleaned the goo and put the light back the fast flashing went away.

Toysrme
08-18-2005, 04:51 PM
It's just electrical connection lubricant to keep the bulbs/harness/wiring from corroding, sticking, or vibrating to pieces.

Die electric grease.

Add your comment to this topic!