Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission Cooler-Which coolant line?

F-106 Delta Dart
02-14-2004, 10:31 AM
2001 S-10 My truck did not come with the optional automatic transmission cooler. I want ideas on the best way to go. Can a person go to the dealer and buy the factory outfit? Best reason for doing this would be all the cooler lines would be a simple installation. If this can't be done I would want to go with the stacked plate type of cooler(B&M-Fluidyne-etc.
). I would want to install the cooler after the radiator. With this setup which cooling line goes from the radiator back to the transmission? Any info that you could give would be a big help! Thanks for your time.

movin2stereo
02-15-2004, 02:30 PM
The top line is the return.

tommie99
02-17-2004, 11:50 PM
2001 S-10 My truck did not come with the optional automatic transmission cooler. I want ideas on the best way to go. Can a person go to the dealer and buy the factory outfit? Best reason for doing this would be all the cooler lines would be a simple installation. If this can't be done I would want to go with the stacked plate type of cooler(B&M-Fluidyne-etc.
). I would want to install the cooler after the radiator. With this setup which cooling line goes from the radiator back to the transmission? Any info that you could give would be a big help! Thanks for your time.
the best way is to install the cooler before the radiator just pick up a after maket cooler it comes with hose and it does not matter witch hose goes where (top or bottom) its esy to install plus it will give more life to your trans. the reason i said before the radiator it gets more air and its easy to install .......................tommie99

TopDogg
02-18-2004, 12:55 AM
Yo YO I think when he said he wanted to install after the radiator he meant install it so that the fluid enters the cooler after it exits the radiator for maximum cooling.

Summitracing.com will hook you up with the one you need. You can browse through many of them and read some specs. If your still not sure just send an email to their tech department. Save money this way. I couldnt imagine what the dealer wants to install a factory one. :disappoin

movin2stereo
02-18-2004, 05:21 AM
Yes exactly.The top line is the return,meaning the fluid exists the radiator cooler and returns to the tranny.

Add your comment to this topic!