Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just Too Much Ticketing

digimon
02-14-2004, 09:20 AM
This town is Great you can find any thing that you might want here for a price. But after 9/11 the cost has really gone up. All of my insurances have gone up almost out of reach. The contractors insurance that I must carry has gone up from $1400.00 To $5500.00, My health insurance has doubled and the coverage isn't as good with bigger deducible now it's $5000.00. Car insurance gone up 30%. The rate that I must charge my customers just to pay my over head is pricing me out of the market. I can't but feel bad for them when I have to bill them. But I have to just to stay in business forget about profit. The cost of electric, gas heat and gas for the cars all much higher. All that I can say is are we as a nation better off than we were before "W" took office And the answer is emphatically "NO". The question is can Kerry do better? I don't know. Can he do worse? Probably not. All I know is when Clinton left office we had a very large surplus in the Treasury, I was making more money than I ever had. Now I am going broke and the countries debt is stagering more now than in any time in this nations history. So I say put a Dem. back in the White House and Bring back the blow jobs back to the Oval Office. We were all much better off than. Ride On,digimon

digimon
02-14-2004, 09:30 AM
What the Heck is going on with the damm ticket blitz in the City, New York City that is. It cost me about $300.00 last month. That tops above my total for my 20 some years of driving in this town. Bloomy:banhim: says that there isn't one:nutkick: :chair:. And this is just a plain out and out lie.:killbarne I have never seen them ticket so much. Every delivery truck I see has one or five on them. I never used to see them ticketing UPS or FedEx before but now they are. And if you are in vilation of the Schoff Law watch out.:bricks1: I was working up on Broadway in the 70ds last month and I saw them towing for it at least 7 times in one week on the block that I was working on. Keeping those meters fed is a must at $.25 per 10 minutes with very few 2 hr meters left in the City. I for one will not vote for him again.:flipa: Putting the bruden on the working the man or woman, it is hard enough to make it in this town.:swear:

Ride On,digimon (lives in Queens, Works in Manhatten)

a1 ! ??

crxlvr
02-14-2004, 10:14 AM
tell me about ive gotten plenty of tickets in my day, by the time i was 20, i had 19, thankfully out of 40 or so times ive been pulled over, thats a pretty low number. now that im 22, i havent gotten one since(knocks on wood)

op012503
02-29-2004, 11:04 PM
2 years behind the wheel and ticket free (knocks on fake wood trim) its a miracle :)

bduff509
03-08-2004, 09:47 PM
30 yrs.. No tickets, no accidents. I gotta be the luckiest bastard alive!

Shadowman890
03-09-2004, 12:29 PM
you guys suck, or rather, I do. 1 speeding ticket, 1 ticket for burn out and ebrake slide, 1 three car accident, dam (I loved that probe, R.I.P.) all in my first year of driving, I've been clean for a year and a half now.

Pneuma
03-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Tell me about it man I'm 18 and i've gotten well over 10 tickets total... Cops like to pick on me hardcore... I used to have a hooked up prelude and they messed with me all the time... Now that I have a hooked up accord they only pull me over for the tint.

Davejb
03-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Yeah, the cops are picking on you. The problem couldn't possibly be your driving could it? I find this attitude typical in todays society, no one takes responsibility, has to be some one elses fault.

digimon
03-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Davejb, I do absolutely take responsibility for any moving violations. I have only had one in the last five years. Any time that I have been stopped by the Police I have more than likey been at fault. What I am taking about are the parking tickets that were either undeserved or written by the army of cops in NYC that this is their only purpose in live is to write these. If you don't have to live or work in NYC believe me you have no idea what you are taking about. People that live in New Hampshire may have to worry about making sure that they don't get caught in a speed trap. But finding a legal place to park for 8 hours isn't something that need concern them. Try to find a parking garage in this town for less than $25.00 after 10:00 am. If you are one minute late after an hour on a meter and you will find a ticket for $110.00 on your windshield. If the meter happens to fail before the hour is up $110.00. The time that you are aloud to park is until 4:00 pm and you get back to your car at 3:58 pm and you find a cop writing a ticket early for $110.00. Believe me once they start to Wright a ticket they will not stop. To fight any ticket takes two days off from work. Most people cannot take that much time off. One thing I must tell you I just love New Hampshire the Bretton Woods Ski Area is great and there are many others. But one thing I have never had a problem when in your state is finding a place to park. Also even if you do get a parking ticket how much could it be $25.00? Try parking in my town. digimon

op012503
03-28-2004, 06:07 PM
Try to find a parking garage in this town for less than $25.00 after 10:00 am. If you are one minute late after an hour on a meter and you will find a ticket for $110.00 on your windshield. If the meter happens to fail before the hour is up $110.00. The time that you are aloud to park is until 4:00 pm and you get back to your car at 3:58 pm and you find a cop writing a ticket early for $110.00. Believe me once they start to Wright a ticket they will not stop. To fight any ticket takes two days off from work. Most people cannot take that much time off.

Yep, yep all true. There is a cop on every block in nyc circling every half an hour checking on the meters. I study in Baruch College and although i love driving, the parking situation is unbelievable. I really feel for the businesses that depend on drivers in the city. Ive seen delivery vans get tickets all the time. These cops are relentless. I have a friend who is studying to be a detective and he says that the only way these uniform cops get promoted is writing as many tickets as possible.
I hate it so much that ive put money into other people's meters just as cops were passing by. I'd rather spend a quarter rather than giving them the satisfaction!

NhGreenTeg
05-21-2004, 08:30 PM
COPS definetly pick on kids, I'm seventeen during my first year I got 2 speeding tickets, (one was 10 over!0, and about 5 illegal modifcations tickets (exhaust, ride height) ..... my car was lime green.... but I was no lower than any porsche or ferrari or vette around

Add your comment to this topic!