Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

exhaust question

kkamakasi
02-12-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm a newbie at this car stuff...but i'm trying to learn. so here goes

i'm looking for an exhaust that will give my 04 rsx type s a good deep roar and some hp gain if possible...somewhere between $250 and $350...

kkamakasi
02-12-2004, 07:15 PM
i was on ebay and saw those mod chip thing that will make the car gain more hp...how do they work? are they safe for the engine/car?

THEOLDMAN
02-13-2004, 09:52 AM
If you want to tune your car get the HONDATA reflash. http://hondata.com/

They spent 2 years developing it. Most of the chips you find on eBay are worth about 00.00 all they are is a resistor to fool the fuel sensor into giving the car more fuel. You end up just wasting gas and running excessively rich.

THEOLDMAN
02-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Exhaust systems that are low priced usually make more noise than power. Expect to spend about double your low figure for a good one, and that is cat back only. Thermal Research, Greddy, Borla, are some to look into. You may be able to go to a performance shop that can do mandrel bending and have them make you an exhaust system for slightly less. They should also be able to recommend a muffler to suit your needs/wants.

sageprime1
02-15-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm a newbie at this car stuff...but i'm trying to learn. so here goes

i'm looking for an exhaust that will give my 04 rsx type s a good deep roar and some hp gain if possible...somewhere between $250 and $350...

Look man, Magnaflow is the best cat-back exhauset you can get for your car if you want a deep, not chainsaw sounding exhaust with hp gain. This exhaust utilizes the "M" bends and doesn't restrict air flow by cutting off the flow of air, it uses sound muffling material. The tips are 4 and 5 inches big, sounds big and it is big, but it looks good on the RSX. You'll be able to start your car much easier due to the release of some backpressure and you will feel the difference mainly in your acceleration.

If you want to do little upgrades, do the basics: I/H/E, stands for intake, headers and exhaust. You should upgrade in this order, but you're not restricted to it. If you want to do intake, just stick to short ram, cold air for the RSX is a bitch, i tried it using AEM and there was too much involved, repositioning, removing wheel and bumper, too much bullshit. Short ram is good, anyting is better than the stock box. The headers you can upgrade, but if you're gettin a cat-back exhaust which you probably will, my opinion is that you can leave the stock headers on the car and just do intake and exhaust. If you more upgrades, do the Hondata chip....if your bank can afford it, go turbo.....read and learn about www.cybernation.com i don't care what other people say, Greedy and REvHard have nuttin on them!

Shinnypoo
02-26-2004, 03:00 PM
actually, if you want real power, f*ck all the boltons like intakes, exhaust headers. go straight for the power, get some engine work done, get some camshafts or even better. go to a junkyard and find a head off some old engine thats not compressed very high and turbo charge that bia, since the compressions isn't very high you can easily get 150+ hp gains if you do everything the right way

Lil Cruizer
02-26-2004, 04:21 PM
So if i have a comptech cat back exhaust, should i get some new headers or cold air intake?.
Also are dc headers good ? and with my exhaust will it make a difference?

Add your comment to this topic!