Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car Problems!! Help

Vette4lyfe
02-12-2004, 02:36 AM
Hello everyone...
I am having one major problem with a new 944 i purchused. The car keeps turning off! While driving, i notice no power, and look at the gauges to see the battery lite on along with some other lites. So i pull over and try to start the car, but wont start. After several times trying to restart, it finally fires up. I have power with lites so its not battery issues. I dont know if this means anything, but on my air filter box cover thing, theres a hole on the left where a hose goes that ive seen on many pictures, but mine doesnt have the hose, just the hole. Is that important? where does it lead to? and is this my problem? ne help would be greatly appreciated. Info on the car... 1987 944 Non turbo 8 valve automatic transmission.

vette4lyfe@yahoo.com

YeTi
02-13-2004, 12:04 AM
does your A/C work?
sounds like alternator trouble to me. but then again, could it be a bad connection to the ignition coil?

Vette4lyfe
02-13-2004, 11:04 PM
does your A/C work?
sounds like alternator trouble to me. but then again, could it be a bad connection to the ignition coil?

Just tested A/C, works great, cold as ice. Also another problem that might be associated with this. When I happen to press the gas pedal a little too hard, my rpms drop and no power goes. It drops to about 1-2000 rpm and jus sputters... until i let go a little and then it flies back up where it was.

YeTi
02-15-2004, 12:38 AM
when you have the peddal pressed and it's sputtering, is there any smoke coming from the exaust?

Vette4lyfe
02-15-2004, 03:24 AM
when you have the peddal pressed and it's sputtering, is there any smoke coming from the exaust?

This only happens when im driving, never when in neutral or park when i rev the engine. Also, sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesnt. It happens more often than not. so far i have no way of checkin if smoke comes out seeing that im the driver. But tomorrow ill get one of my buddies to watch for smoke...

Vette4lyfe
02-19-2004, 01:19 AM
This only happens when im driving, never when in neutral or park when i rev the engine. Also, sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesnt. It happens more often than not. so far i have no way of checkin if smoke comes out seeing that im the driver. But tomorrow ill get one of my buddies to watch for smoke...

NO unusal smoke commin out of exhuast. problem still happening... Need Help fast.. im starting not to trust me porsche :disappoin

progeitor04
02-20-2004, 12:59 PM
i have a 1987 porsche 944 non turbo and there suttin rong with my clutch pedal ill press it down but it wont come bak up so i cant drive it since i cant put it into gear if any1 knows wat the prob is itll be really helpful

Ben944
02-22-2004, 07:47 PM
progeitor04- sounds like you need to bleed the clutch or maybe replace the master/slave cylinder.

progeitor04
02-22-2004, 07:50 PM
thanx ben944

matt944pca
03-03-2004, 12:58 AM
Look for a vaccum leak as well. Try replacing the seals on your injectors as well, they tend to get pretty nasty over time.

83-944
03-24-2004, 03:31 AM
I dont know if this means anything, but on my air filter box cover thing, theres a hole on the left where a hose goes that ive seen on many pictures, but mine doesnt have the hose, just the hole. Is that important? where does it lead to? and is this my problem?

It's not your problem, Porsche had a technical bulletin about using the hose which connected as a breather for the toothed belts. Turns out that dirty air was being directed into the belts box and prematurely destroying them. Porsche plugged the holes and no more dirty belts. Look below the MAF for a tubing connector on the belt box. Plug it if it was left open.

I could e-mail you a scan of the tech bulletin if you want.

kcochr3164
03-30-2004, 03:17 PM
I own an 87 924S an 88 924S and an 87 944 Please replace your fuel pump relay. I had the same problem on two of my cars.

Add your comment to this topic!