Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1000 mph?

cracker196
12-31-2001, 01:08 PM
Is it possible to make the Escudo go 1000 mph. I have heard this from friends and on an internet site. I am guessing this is a load of crap because I have only got it up to 315 mph or so. How can you make it go 1000? I have set the gearing correctly and everything, but it still only goes to about 315. What about popping a wheelie as well. I havn't been able to do that either, even though I have heard of people that did it. I set the downforce at maximum out back and at minimum in front. What do I do or is this even possible?

SkyNex721
01-04-2002, 05:23 AM
I have popped a wheelie with the Escudo. I haven't gotten it up to 1000mph though. I probably could have if there were longer straight a ways on the test track.

SkyNex721
01-04-2002, 05:53 AM
Ok I found the settings you need. You may want to save your original settings beforehand.
Tires: Super Soft front and rear
Suspension:
Spring rate:4.0 front/4.0 rear
Ride Height: 75 front/ 75 rear
Sohck Bound/Rebound: Level 7 All around
Camber/Toe Angles: All @ 0
Stablizers: Both @ Level 4
Brakes:
Brake BalanceL9 front/L9rear
Drivetrain:
Limited-Slip:Bring all LSD's down to 5
Gear Ratio: Bring the auto settings to level 48; then bring the final gear to 3.012; finally, set the individual gears as low {i.e., as far to the left} as possible. You should be left with:
1st 4.604
2nd 2.888
3rd 2.014
4th 1.485
5th 1.157
6th 0.875
7th ------
Others:
Downforce: 0.38 front/1.08 rear
ASM: 0
TCS: 0
VCD: 10%

All above information provided by John Damiani

Now that you set all that crap, just go to the Max speed race and start it. Then turn your self around in the opposite direction, that way you are going the wrong way. This way the race wont end.
Now the guy that wrote the article said that his top speed was like 891.3mph. I never got that high I only got into the high 600's. Anyways good luck and let us know how it turned out.

Jimmy2times
01-20-2002, 02:09 PM
oh sheet, i need to borrow my mates ps2 again! i was gonna do the race to get that car but i couldnt be arsed but i think i will do it now!!

Morpheus XIII
02-04-2002, 07:37 AM
I got the Escudo to 1137.5 mph with the trick.

Moppie
02-06-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Morpheus XIII
I got the Escudo to 1137.5 mph with the trick.

can you remember the settings you used? I can just top 1,000km/h but thats pretty far off 1,000mph.

Morpheus XIII
02-12-2002, 04:55 PM
As far as parts go, obviously max out everything, except for tires, in which I found Super-Slicks all around to work the best for me (I'll get more into why later on). Oh yeah, don't forget to keep your oil new; after a few runs doing the test track, you'll need to change the oil to keep power at tops.

And for the settings--

Suspension...
Spring Rate: minimized (far left)
Ride Height: minimized (far left)
Shock Bound: maximized (far right)
Shock Rebound: maximized (far right)
Camber: original settings (doesn't seem to make a difference)
Toe Angle: zero (haven't touched this yet; maybe some negative toe will help you leave the curve better before the straightaway)
Stabilizers: minimized (far left)

Gear Ratios...
1st: 5.295
2nd: 3.224
3rd: 2.216
4th: 1.610
5th: 1.235
6th: 1.000
Final: 2.000 (far left)
Auto Setting: 48 wide (far right)

Spoilers...
Front: minimized (far left)
Rear: maximized (far right)

Others...
TCS: off
ASM: off
VCD: 50%

Most of these settings are probably the same as what most of you already have, but it just doesn't happen every time. On average, I will hit ~700-800 mph the first straight, then use that speed to ride the wall through the turn after that. The real trick is, upon getting near the exit of this turn, you MUST stay off the outer wall, but start close to it, turn as hard as you can aiming for the inner wall and hopefully you will hit at least 230 mph right when the straightaway begins. In order to stay at a high speed through the turn, without understeering into to the outer wall, keep the speedometer at about a hair less than 230 by tapping the side brake to maintain traction and speed. The super-slick tires help you by allowing the Escudo to move more freely, which is important when leaving the turn; where you aim the car determines how much road you will get before the straight ends, and it's easier to aim the car when you have less traction by inducing mild oversteer. Near the end of the straight, the speed moves up exponentially, so lifting the Escudo even a second or two earlier is rewarded in the end of the straight by a few hundred miles per hour. Also, it pays to end the lift by crashing into the wall later in the approaching turn, not but rubbing the outer wall as the turn just starts (meaning, try to start on the outer side of the straight, but end on the inner side of the straight).

I haven't tinkered with the settings in a while, and it's highly likely there are better settings to make it easier, but it gets too tedious. Try different things and have fun. This is really only for the truly bored! It took me about 30 attempts before I finally broke 1000 mph.

Pikachoo
03-15-2002, 04:23 PM
I've had my escudo up past a billion mph using the glitch in the game on the Seattle Circuit II. Then the game freezes.

crxlvr
03-15-2002, 07:32 PM
yeah top speed was like2.3billion mph, may erase all saved info if you let it crash, so be careful.

Morpheus XIII
03-16-2002, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I read about that in some other thread, but there's no way I'm doing that. GT2 was known to have its small share of memory threatening bugs, and I don't intend to do instigate an already overly complex program.

crxlvr
03-17-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Morpheus XIII
Yeah, I read about that in some other thread, but there's no way I'm doing that. GT2 was known to have its small share of memory threatening bugs, and I don't intend to do instigate an already overly complex program.

you can do the top speed thing safely until the car starts spiining on its rear wheels in circles, once that happens, quit race, but anytime before that is fine.

cracker196
03-22-2002, 09:19 PM
Got up to 419.2mph in the Escudo, but couldn't go above that before I got bored. It didn't seem like there was any speed left. It was doing the wheelie thing, but I still don't know about 1000mph. I used SkyNex721's setting which worked real well. There isn't enough straight on the Max speed test even when going backwards.

Chris
04-05-2002, 12:27 PM
Just pull out the memory card before racing:confused: :p

Morpheus XIII
04-07-2002, 04:45 AM
Thought of that, but still, the sound of my PS2 crashing doesn't seem all that appealing. I'll pass.

livindahighlife
05-08-2002, 09:09 PM
yea, i got mine up to 868.1, it was tuff, because it desnt give you much time, especially since the fron tend doesnt come off the ground until 230 mph.!;)

ryceisgood
05-24-2002, 04:11 PM
dang crayz ppls..... :p my escudo s0x0rs hehe

ArtemisEntreriR34
07-20-2002, 03:22 AM
Mine just hit 930.7, can't seem to get it any higher then that...

Add your comment to this topic!