Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Supercar Concept

Godsil Design
12-31-2001, 09:49 AM
What do you guys think of my new high end super car concept? The high luxury car would take on anything from Italy.

http://fototime.com/13E17E164FC7BDA/standard.jpg

http://fototime.com/F831E3FCBD87448/standard.jpg

This is also a concept car that I came up with a few months ago. What do you think?

http://fototime.com/{31ADBB87-19FF-458F-9C27-EB3DB054ABB0}/picture.JPG

http://fototime.com/{BC0196F9-8BA2-4F4C-ADE4-9A17CB050C9D}/picture.JPG

Viper 10
12-31-2001, 08:22 PM
Jason:

I have seen your second design on one of the other BB's.

My opinion is that the first car looks like a variation on either the new Gen 3 Viper or the Cunningham C7. The second car looks like a cross between the 360 Modena, Saleen's S7 and the McLaren F1 (or maybe even the Ford GT-40 prototype).

They both look like neat designs. What do you plan to do with them? Have you presented these to a tuner or car manufacturer? What kind of powerplants do you envision for these cars?

The toughest part about designing a car is making it practical enough to actually deploy and manufacture. Designing the exterior is one of many areas that need designing. Finding someone to build the foundation to this is a serious challenge. I know that many of the custom maufacturers use off of the shelf suspension components, engines to reduce the amount of custom tooling.

An example of this is my experience with designing an after market hood for some exotics that will actually work on the cars as replacements. Every artist that we are dealing with does not take into consideration that you have to mount such a part on the vehicle and make it functional. The next step is to have a mold made of the part and begin the vacumn form processing of the carbon fiber. This is a tremendously time consuming and expensive process.

Is this what you do for a living or is this a hobby? I wish you luck with your designing future.

Happpy New Years.

Brad

Godsil Design
12-31-2001, 08:49 PM
I have a vast knowlege when it comes to cars and restoring them, building them, etc. So when I got done with the green one there my first impression was to build it myself but when I considered the cost and EPA and crash tests, I realized very quickly that this was not going to work. That is when I got in touch with a guy back east with the Viper club. He is personal friends with Bob Lutz and Tom Gale. He has sent them both a copy of my green car there and he will be delivering the blue car this week to Mr. Lutz as a high dollar Cadillac. Bob is looking for this and so when I heard about it I thought I would give a try and see if I could hit one home. This is just a hobby for my and I am just self-taught. I would like to do it as a career and so that is why I posting them on here and send them to car companies so maybe they would be interested in putting me through school and giving me a job. I would like to see the green one with either the 585hp C5R Corvette motor or maybe a Viper V10 with 600hp, but both with all-wheel drive and a 3,000lbs weight. The Caddy concept if accepted would run the 750hp V12 that was in the Cien Cadillac Concept. Also, I love your car.

Viper 10
12-31-2001, 10:47 PM
Jason:

I wish you luck with Lutz at GM. Who do you know in the VCA? It sounds like you know one of the past presidents of the national chapter (like Tony Estes or someone).

God knows that GM needs a real injection for their design team (especially the Corvette). I would be very surprised if Caddy actually came out with a performance oriented car at this level (mainly because it would take attention away from their performance marque... the Corvette). It might get to a prototype for the show circuit, but never to production.

I have heard many rumors about Lutz canning the C6 designs, and the Cadillac power plant that you mention. Timing might be very appropriate for you to get some visibility.

I'm not sure where you live in the US, but if you want to get into design school you should live in Southern California. Not only is there a strong presense of design centers for the manufacturers, but there is also Art Center College in Pasadena. I have a friend that knows the chancellor of Art Center if you are going down that path.

Drop me an email at bhchang@earthlink.net if I can be of assistance. We might be able to work something out with putting some of your designs into our cars (if we get out tuner business off of the ground).

Have a great new years.

Brad

Godsil Design
01-01-2002, 01:18 AM
Thanks for your interest. I have been working with Steven Ferguson. I believe he was pres a few years ago. I live in Washington State and I am looking at going to the Art Institute in Seattle. I would just like make sure that I have a job after I graduate and I would go now. Steven gave me this Cadillac project and said that Bob wanted to do something with the V12 engine so he can get the engine for the Cunningham car. I don't know myself I just want to get my work out to some of those people. Let me know if you want anything from me, I am sure we could work something out. Thanks again. I wish everyone was like the VCA members!

1989 DX R
01-13-2002, 12:15 AM
That green one is sweet. That looks very much like a Ferrari, but cooler. I love it!

Add your comment to this topic!