Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

power of 2.4

twizzlenutz
02-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Just out of curiousity,what kind of cars have you guys beaten while driving a GA with the 2.4L? Recently, I beat a newer model camaro (not sure what year, it was dark out). As unbelievable as it sounds, I did it. Both of us had our engines going all out. He evened out with me while I was doing about 70 but I wasn't at full throttle. When I punched it, I pulled away from him doing around 90. I also have beaten a camaro and a monte carlo on a local highway (keep in mind my engine is 100% stock) after the monte carlo thought he would be slick and ride my tail then go around me and the camaro. I have taken out many of a "rice rocket" (the best victories :evillol:). I've also taken out newer v6 mustangs. I did lose once to a F150 when I couldn't get my car to shift from 2nd to 3rd :banghead:.

urweak
02-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Yea the camaro was probably a V6, both that and the V6 mustang arent that much of a challenege. Ive owened a lot of cars. civic hatch, 88 ish camaro, newer tacoma, some other cars. but i lost to a 96 v8 tbird, GTP, 93 v8 Mustang, and some other things. But yea the LD9 is pretty quick not to many people expect it to be quick.

The Right Formula
02-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Keep in mind there's also a huge horsepower to weight difference from a V6 f-body to a 2.4 grand am. Are you sure he was at full throttle? I can totally believe the V6 Mustank--I think I've plowed one of them in every car I've owned except the 1990 grand am with a beat to hell 190k mile 4-Tech

--Jason

twizzlenutz
02-12-2004, 12:31 AM
yeah i could tell he was at full throttle. i had my window cracked a little on the drivers side and i could hear it plain as day.

Add your comment to this topic!