Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stop the frickin' beeping!

natitus86
02-08-2004, 03:13 PM
If anyone could enlighten me as to how I can disable the sensor that makes the car beep when I have to keys in and the drive side door open that would be excellent. I drive a 2000 Accord. Also I would rather not do it permanently ie no cutting of the wires just simply unplugging something, if that is possible? Thanks

Bilson8tor
02-09-2004, 12:47 PM
just rip out the friggin beaper, if u really want the damn beeping back after that just soder the wires back up

killah_xft
02-10-2004, 03:15 AM
sorry buddy, but most all stuff like that is hard sodered... gonna have to rip/cut some wires... and why do ou want the beeping gone anyways... it only goes on if the key is in, or the lights are on... it's a good way to NOT kill your battery... or have your car stolen.

Magik Si
02-10-2004, 08:27 AM
I thought about taking mine out too...because it has to be the MOST irritating sound but on the other hand...I do agree with "killa" to an extent too...

What amazes me with Honda's is they have a beep for "everything" BUT the headlights being left on...it's amazing...the ONE thing that would seem to be the most important thing...no beep...but every other thing that doesn't necessarily need a beep..."beep"!! :rolleyes:

Jason :smokin:

killah_xft
02-11-2004, 01:51 AM
my headlights beep.. just wish my amp switch beeped... so that I'd remember to turn it off... but I usually remember now after the recent dead battery thing... battery was dying and I did'nt have any money to replace it until recently..

GScivic7
02-11-2004, 05:08 AM
bah, my headlights didn't beep goddammit. but then my civic was a 90. I believe there is a fuse or connection that you can take out that'll stop the beeping.

natitus86
02-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Alright well i opened my side panel along the drive side pillar on a hunt to find the beeper device. It looks as if it lodged behind the seat belt anchor, so.. my question...how do i take that out? and its there anything special about the wires to the beep that make them look different from other wires running in the pillar? thanks

Bilson8tor
02-11-2004, 09:39 PM
u should get a chiltons manual or look online for one that has the wiring diagrams, to see if its just a fuse u can pull, on mine u cant becuase the fuse is for other stuff too but mine is a 91 hatch so urs maybe different

Add your comment to this topic!