trailblazer front end squeaks

paris401
02-08-2004, 08:34 AM
hey guys.. we have a 2002 and 2003 trailblazer.

both of the trucks have a 'squeak' in the front end when traveling over a bumpy road, anyone else have this problem... it is very annoying. any fixes, as seems chevy can't figure it out

briman
02-08-2004, 08:35 PM
How do you define a squeak? I have a 2002 Trailblazer that also makes a noise in the front end. It is more of a rattling noise (almost like something is loose). I am wondering if this is the same type of sound. I am hesitant to bring it in because I am no longer covered under warranty. Also, this noise started in the past few months and I have 55K miles on it.

paris401
02-08-2004, 10:01 PM
mine is not a rattle, it is a squeak.. maybe like a bushing or something similar.

my 02 has it. i brought it in for service.. they said they fixed it... not.. brought it in again, came back with the same noise.

chevy service sucks... i have a 02 tahoe that i brought in 4 times for a clunk you hear when the trannie shifts from 2nd to 3rd. i told them on the 2nd visit that i read there is a problem with the slip yoke, but the tech said thats not my problem.. guess what after the 4th visit, the tech says its the slip yoke, and there is no fix..

maybe i'll start to buy fords or dodge trucks. problem is, i like the tahoe and trailblazers..

briman
02-09-2004, 07:25 AM
I have had bad experiences with certain service depts. and dealers in the past. Mainly Jeep's (my previos SUV). That is the main reason I did not buy a Jeep the second time around.

Although my experience with one Chevy Dealer and their service Dept. has been some what positive, the fact that I have to bring my trailblazer in for service for many little annoyances is not pleasing. I was even told that "it is still operating under manufactures specs" so there is nothing they would do to fix a noise I was noticing with my trailblazer.

I know someone else with a trailblazer and we share stories over what sounds and issues we are starting to notice. We even talked about trading our trailblazers for a day to see if we are experiencing the same things.

I also like the trailblazers and tahoes, but I may be buying foreign next time. Maybe Toyota..... I have not heard anything good about Ford or Dodge. I am not a big fan of Chrysler products (Jeep, Doge, etc...).

Good luck with your trailblazer.

Bullethole
02-09-2004, 08:58 AM
I had the same problem on a Grand Cherokee. It was the sway bar bushings.

tjfz55
02-09-2004, 06:39 PM
There have been several posts about this. Try turning out the rubber bump stops for the hood. This will tighten the clearance and keep the hood from squeaking. Many guys have said this fixed their squeak problem.

Burgy
02-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Don't you love the Chevy fix to all problems. That is the I don't know what the problem just take it back solution. Then you don't get a rental car because they don't change any part. So you wait there all day Saturday and they tell you sorry can't find any problems with the truck. Ya thanks!!! why don't I just bring it back next Saturday so I can sit here and wait for it all day again then you can tell me again sorry I can't find a problem. I think they push you off until you are out of waranty then they can fine problems!! That was with only one dealer, I'm going to try a different one and let you guys know.

paris401
03-09-2004, 06:57 PM
it turns out they changed the sway bar bushings, and it solved the problem. they also changed some bushings in the rear, as it sounded like it was coming apart

12k miles, 3rd time in for service

chevy sucks

StefyB
03-11-2004, 01:10 PM
hey guys.. we have a 2002 and 2003 trailblazer.

both of the trucks have a 'squeak' in the front end when traveling over a bumpy road, anyone else have this problem... it is very annoying. any fixes, as seems chevy can't figure it out

Hello!

I too have had this problem. Mine has been repaired. It is you hood. That's right...your hood. I was surprised too! Have them check it out. My dealership told me that this was a problem that the Chevy mini vans had been having for years. Mine just needed to be ajusted on the left side.

Good LucK!

billqual
03-19-2004, 10:34 AM
You can lube the hood latch and verify it is the hood causing the squeak, the noise will be gone for a few weeks.

5not4
04-08-2004, 11:15 PM
I've got it, too. 2002 LTZ. Been in twice for this.

They say it's the hood bumpers and they squirt some lithium grease on them. Works for about 2 days then comes back.

The sway bar bushings has me curious, though. It would make more sense then the hood.

billqual
04-09-2004, 09:05 AM
I've got it, too. 2002 LTZ. Been in twice for this.

They say it's the hood bumpers and they squirt some lithium grease on them. Works for about 2 days then comes back.

The sway bar bushings has me curious, though. It would make more sense then the hood.

It is not the bumpers, it is the latch, turning the bumpers up a little like someone above mentioned helps as it puts mot tension on the latch. Usually if the sway bar bushings are the problem you can bounce the truck up & down from the middle and hear the noise. I found the hood noise by rocking the truck sideways, when I raised the hood to look for the squeak the noise was gone. I would clean the lithium grease off the bumpers and lube them with silicone grease.

dave.r.carroll
06-07-2010, 09:41 PM
9 times out of ten the rattling noise that you will hear coming from these pieses of s*#t are the brake pads chattering......ANNOYING!!!

maxwedge
06-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Please check the dates before posting, this is a dead 6 year old thread!

jkroddy
09-26-2013, 03:16 PM
I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer XLT 4.3L 4x4 is has 141,000 miles. I now it has a lot of miles I have owned it for 3 years now. It has only given me little problems thru the year Battery, water pump.. But any way I have been battling this irritating squeak in the front end. I have changed just about everything, front sway bar bushing,links, upper/lower control arms, shocks. I dont know what else it could be. one person said maybe motor mounts? I hear the noise going over any bump or pot hole in the road. Any suggestions? Im so over this noise.

fj4072
12-05-2013, 08:01 PM
I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer XLT 4.3L 4x4 is has 141,000 miles. I now it has a lot of miles I have owned it for 3 years now. It has only given me little problems thru the year Battery, water pump.. But any way I have been battling this irritating squeak in the front end. I have changed just about everything, front sway bar bushing,links, upper/lower control arms, shocks. I dont know what else it could be. one person said maybe motor mounts? I hear the noise going over any bump or pot hole in the road. Any suggestions? Im so over this noise.

I've taken care of lots of squeaks and noises in my 2 TB's. Hood latch had me stumped for years, even the dealer missed it, grease it up, sounds like a bird chirping. You mention you changed the lower control arm. Did you change the lower control arm BRACKET? That's where the bushings are, and are notorious for squeaking. Another thing that will squeak is the styrofoam that rubs on the inside of the front bumper. Haven't found a way to fix that other than try an compact it a bit by beating it with my fist. Good luck, I know this is an old thread, but will help someone.

Add your comment to this topic!