Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Another One for Sale!

kratefan
02-07-2004, 12:11 PM
There's another one on Ebay. This one has the "opera" window behind the rear door. It was originally sold in Greece (left drive), but was converted to right hand drive.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2458643783&category=43124

http://i19.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/3f/aa/35_1.JPG

http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/3f/af/af_1.JPG

Jeff

CarPassionist
02-07-2004, 06:05 PM
In my country a normal Silver Spirit cost(in our old drachmas GDR) around 75.000.000 -> 220.000

The Touring Limo should cost more than 440.000 :eek:
It is/was also extremely expensive with taxes!

In GR only 2-3 new RR are being sold every year!

Greetings, George!

kratefan
02-08-2004, 01:17 AM
In my country a normal Silver Spirit cost(in our old drachmas GDR) around 75.000.000 -> 220.000

The Touring Limo should cost more than 440.000 :eek:
It is/was also extremely expensive with taxes!

In GR only 2-3 new RR are being sold every year!

Greetings, George!
I thought the fact that the car was originally in Greece would interest you.:p

According to the ad, the original price in 1993 was in excess of 200,000 GBP. Somehow, Yahoo came up with an EUR rate for 1993. Using this, the cost would have been 240,000 EUR. With today's rate, 290,000. However, with inflation, your 440K EUR amount is probably more correct. This would be about $560,000.
Jeff

CarPassionist
02-08-2004, 08:51 AM
I thought the fact that the car was originally in Greece would interest you.:p

According to the ad, the original price in 1993 was in excess of 200,000 GBP. Somehow, Yahoo came up with an EUR rate for 1993. Using this, the cost would have been 240,000 EUR. With today's rate, 290,000. However, with inflation, your 440K EUR amount is probably more correct. This would be about $560,000.
Jeff

You hit right the point where it hurts! :grinno:
The 440k I wrote were referring to basis-price when the car was available.

A used one should be at the region of 300k, if someone can affords to buy it in GR :rolleyes:

kratefan
02-08-2004, 11:39 AM
You hit right the point where it hurts! :grinno:
The 440k I wrote were referring to basis-price when the car was available.

A used one should be at the region of 300k, if someone can affords to buy it in GR :rolleyes:
It IS a shame when something that cool leaves your country. :banghead:

This one is at 48,000 GBP which is about 70K EUR, 90K USD. Still out of my league.

Jeff

CarPassionist
02-09-2004, 08:26 AM
This one is at 48,000 GBP which is about 70K EUR, 90K USD. Still out of my league...
Jeff

When it will be in your league, I volunteer to become your driver! :iceslolan :rofl:

kratefan
02-09-2004, 05:15 PM
When it will be in your league, I volunteer to become your driver! :iceslolan :rofl:
Sorry, the guy across the street beat you to it.:naughty: As the Beatles said, "I've got a driver and that's a start!":lol:
Jeff

CarPassionist
02-14-2004, 10:17 AM
In the collection of all RR-Modells, there is a streched Version of a Silver Spur, I hadn't seen it anywhere :eek:

kratefan
02-15-2004, 02:31 AM
In the collection of all RR-Modells, there is a streched Version of a Silver Spur, I hadn't seen it anywhere :eek:
Is it factory (Mulliner or Park Ward)? If not, it's probably American. We'll stretch anything over here, not to mention the truth!:screwy: If you don't believe me about the stretching, I've seen minivans, Excursions, VW Beetles (new and old), Golfs, Hummers, PT Cruisers, somebody even made a replica of a Ferrari Testarossa then stretched it! I can probably dig up a picture of a Spur I've seen on E-bay. Believe me it's not a pretty sight.:banghead:
Jeff

kratefan
02-15-2004, 02:33 AM
Oh yes, I've even seen factory limousines cut in half and stretched.
Jeff

CarPassionist
02-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Is it factory (Mulliner or Park Ward)? If not, it's probably American. We'll stretch anything over here, not to mention the truth!:screwy: If you don't believe me about the stretching, I've seen minivans, Excursions, VW Beetles (new and old), Golfs, Hummers, PT Cruisers, somebody even made a replica of a Ferrari Testarossa then stretched it! I can probably dig up a picture of a Spur I've seen on E-bay. Believe me it's not a pretty sight.:banghead:
Jeff

Oh, take no offend, but Amis show in some matters absolut no taste and some of us at the other side of the ocean just :banghead: thinking what and how some people think :rolleyes:

Well, I' ve found two version, the one is this one you' ve posted. It is Mulliner design. This version was discontinued when Mulliner closed and merged with Park ward.
The other one was from Park Ward and was constructed from the combined firm Mulliner Park Ward ;)

I' ve seen several streched limos,the wildest I' ve ever seen! ->
[http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/143327GullwingCorvetteLimo1-med.jpg

kratefan
02-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Oh, take no offend, but Amis show in some matters absolut no taste and some of us at the other side of the ocean just :banghead: thinking what and how some people think :rolleyes:

Well, I' ve found two version, the one is this one you' ve posted. It is Mulliner design. This version was discontinued when Mulliner closed and merged with Park ward.
The other one was from Park Ward and was constructed from the combined firm Mulliner Park Ward ;)

I' ve seen several streched limos,the wildest I' ve ever seen! ->

Wild pic! I take no offense. America is a country of cowboys and our theory is, "It's my money and I'll do what I want, if you don't like it, don't look." Ebay has quite a few strange stretches. I even think there's a book about them. If I see some sort of factory RR limo, I'll post it.
Jeff

CarPassionist
02-15-2004, 12:49 PM
And a real nice built Phantom LongWheelBase :D

It is converted in US, the same coachbuilder makes and a Bentley Estate. But the Phantom is really nice work!
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/uploads/143327/Rolls-Royce_Phantom_Black_Tie_Edition_.JPG

I think the LWB from RR will look similar!

kratefan
02-15-2004, 02:35 PM
And a real nice built Phantom LongWheelBase :D

It is converted in US, the same coachbuilder makes and a Bentley Estate. But the Phantom is really

I think the LWB from RR will look similar!

THAT is classy!:smokin:
Jeff

britts99si
09-16-2004, 03:34 PM
^WoW^ the 63 exectuive.. wow..

Add your comment to this topic!