Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 lesabre....noise near exhaust..windows fogging up

jimy123
02-07-2004, 08:05 AM
couple of things...

since getting the car..there has been like a motor noise for a couple of seconds after starting the car...it seems to be coming from the right back side under the trunk....no one ever has figured it out....it sometimes comes back during an idle but usually only after starting...

secondly, this winter the side windows especially seem to fog up on cold days.....and over night they freeze up with ice inside all side windows and even the front....do i have sealing problems??? or what?

thanx for any ideas...

reliant2
02-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Don't know what to tell you about the fogging problem that you are having, the noise you are hearing upon start up and idle is likely the air-ride leveling sytem.

Used to have an 00 Lesabre, the motor would turn on after start up and inflate the "bags" back there.

jimy123
02-09-2004, 05:45 AM
Don't know what to tell you about the fogging problem that you are having, the noise you are hearing upon start up and idle is likely the air-ride leveling sytem.

Used to have an 00 Lesabre, the motor would turn on after start up and inflate the "bags" back there.

'bags'.....i'm confused what kind of bags would be under the trunk or under the rear right?

reliant2
02-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Maybe "bags" was not the correct term, air bags, it's an "air powered" load-levelling system...the "shocks" are filled with compressed air, the sound that you hear is likely the compressor coming on to reinflate the "shocks"...there's a thread on this board somewhere about this sytem

jimy123
02-10-2004, 06:09 AM
Maybe "bags" was not the correct term, air bags, it's an "air powered" load-levelling system...the "shocks" are filled with compressed air, the sound that you hear is likely the compressor coming on to reinflate the "shocks"...there's a thread on this board somewhere about this sytem

thanx...that makes alot of sense....funny how the gm dealer didn't know that right away....

Flatrater
02-10-2004, 07:41 PM
thanx...that makes alot of sense....funny how the gm dealer didn't know that right away....

Sometimes when a owner states a problem a certain way it can lead many a good tech in the wrong direction. If you state misinformation you will not get a good diagnosis! If you tell me you have a noise in your car but neglect to tell me its at certain speeds or road conditions you would get an unable to duplicate from the tech. The more info you give the more chances you get on fixing your car right the first time.

For example I got a truck in today to work on the owner complained of a molding loose well seeing the truck has a 100 moldings which one? Next problem was the radio lights up when hitting bumps well really they meant the radio changes stations when hitting bumps. DO you see how easy it is to lead a tech astray? Only way I figured it out was by calling the customer and picking there brains! If you can't give the info needed then you get things like this happening. I shouldn't have to waste my time forcing info from you that you should of gave when you dropped the care off. I get paid by the job and not by the hour I can't be calling you picking your brain I don't get paid for it! And I only get 18 minutes of pay to find your misleading problems no matter how hard you make the job.

BTW for your windows fogging try cleaning your windows! It is caused by a temperature difference from the outside air to the inside air! Dirty windows do it more so than clean windows.

jimy123
02-11-2004, 06:06 AM
thanx for the advice on the windows...

but the gm dealer heard the noise coming from the back rear and had no idea...and because it didn't seem to cause any other problem we left it at that.....

I just assumed...which i was wrong...that a noise in the rear right sounding like a motor or whatever would be easy to decipher by a gm dealer because there would be few things motorised in that area....

thanx anyways..

roadstar
02-14-2004, 03:02 PM
The noise is normal. It is just the load leveling system. You will hear it everytime you start the car, or change the load in it.

Add your comment to this topic!