Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

11.0 sec Mk III Supra What would it take

Miata Master
02-07-2004, 07:01 AM
I searched already and could not find an answer to this question. I was wonder IYHO what is the easiest/cheapest way to get an 11.0 sec Mk III. I know how much it take to get a miata there :) 2200 pound doesn't need much. It'll need roughly 600hp (crank) as far as I can figure plus some LIPO. Just wanted to know how much it cost. have a stock 87 MkIII, and a 97 Miata kinda like miata for low rev, but want a strip car. Thanks everyone

projectsupramk3
02-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Well you just created a problem when you said easy and cheap, that means it won't be fast. Now you can put alot of time and money into it and make it fast, but it won't be easy by any means. The simplest way to get into the 11's is to tube frame the entire car and swap in a 2jz. It's going to take more than 600hp to move a 3600lb car through the 1/4 mile in 11 seconds, it's also going to take some nice drag slicks. Here's a link to the top 20 SF times, these guys have some low numbers for the amount of HP most of them are running.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115599&highlight=top+mile+drag

Add your comment to this topic!