Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Driving from RI to FL, any tips on cops?

IntegraB18LS
02-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Im going to be drivig down to Florida on the 19th and Im worried about cops, I already removed my blue cornor lights and put clear ones in, I put my other windshield wiper on (looks better anyway) I raised my car up about 1.5", put new tires on. My car is loud and it is gutted. I cant afford to be getting pulled over, this trip is alreayd gonna be costing me alot. What do cops hate in the states ill be travling through and is there any spots that there will probably be cops, since I will be on 95 mostly the whole way.

Down in Florida I'll be staying in Port Richy/Clearwater area for a day or two and then in Daytona Beach for a day or two, might take a trip to Tampa as well. How strict are the cops in your area? I had a silancer but someone stole it and with the size of my pipes and my high flow cat you can hear my car from far away even when i shift at like 2000. I think I should be all set as long as I keep it at a reasonable speed. Do cops usally give a 10mph break down there as well?

Any spots I should avoid?

Kyle

whtteg
02-07-2004, 11:40 AM
Here in GA if you haev a import that looks like it has alot of things like bodykits etc, aperance upgrades then you are a prime target for them. The cops in south GA are real sneaky, try to go through there in the day time, even then it is hard to see them. Just be careful here in GA most of the cops hate imports. Also the exhaust is really going to draw attention to you. But at least you don't have to worry about the carb crap like in the western part of the US LOL. Good luck :bigthumb:

soccmid
02-08-2004, 12:05 PM
its weird. i live in maryland and cops arent too bad about the mods and they give u a 10 mph break but u cross the state line into VA and shit starts. they will pull u over for nothing jus because u look like ur gonna go fast. also if u have a radar detector make sure VA cops dont see it. jus be careful in VA even when its looks clear it most likely isnt. have fun man . . should kick ass

Add your comment to this topic!