cheap lift

mattnew14
02-05-2004, 12:21 PM
i have a 97 single cab 4wd and i want to put a lift on it. im in college and funds are low. i want to put about two inches to give a little more clearance for my 31x10.5 on 10" wheels. i know i can put blocks in the rear but what about the front? I only want around 2" but i need to know if any modifications are required for the shocks or steering, and how to lift up the front the cheapest way possible? please help. i only mud occasionaly and nothing too rough, so this lift is mostly for looks and will not have to endure much.

nickbo
02-05-2004, 05:02 PM
look at some new coil-over springs from performance products.

nickbo
02-05-2004, 05:06 PM
you will also have to get longer struts and shocks, if you are not running bigger tires than what you already have then steering shouldn't be a problem. as well as the coil overs, daystar makes a good 2.5" kit, you can also find a good price on those at performanceproducts.com. What size are your tires? because i have a 99 taco, with 31x10.5r15's and i don't have any rubbing at all. not even with the suspension fully flexed and at a full turn.

mattnew14
02-05-2004, 05:17 PM
i have the 31x10.50 r15's and i never rub or anything even in full turn. rubbing is not a problem i was just wanting a higher look. thanks for all the info

redtoy92
02-06-2004, 03:44 AM
go to cornfed. he will hook you up and it is the best lift for the price. red

Longbeards
02-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Cornfed is deffinately the way to go. If you want something really cheap and you're mostly a road driver then body lifts are good too. I put a 2" body lift on and it was pretty easy. I did not have to worry about cutting and welding the shifter since it was only 2" and I just trimmed the plastic around the gas cap. If you go with a coil over spacer watch out for those springs! If you go to the Reapers website he gives some good detail to the process. http://www.offroadaddiction.com/txttora/lift_install.html

Add your comment to this topic!