Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

air intake for supercharged tacoma

pawly
02-04-2004, 10:13 PM
I have an '01 tacoma w/ a 1st gen supercharger and I am looking at intakes for it. When I ask if the intakes are compatible w/ the supercharger I get mixed responses from vendors, possible knock, engine ping, other varios engine codes, etc. Toyota does not recommend it, but why would they, they wouldn't rocommend anything they dont sell. Looking for real experience with this application and possible solutions.

redtoy92
02-05-2004, 04:11 AM
I have an '01 tacoma w/ a 1st gen supercharger and I am looking at intakes for it. When I ask if the intakes are compatible w/ the supercharger I get mixed responses from vendors, possible knock, engine ping, other varios engine codes, etc. Toyota does not recommend it, but why would they, they wouldn't rocommend anything they dont sell. Looking for real experience with this application and possible solutions.
it is not recommended becuase the charger already has a lean fuel mixture at high rpm's it will increase pinging and you lose Hp with it. check out Gadgetonline.com and she the dyno. I would not do one unless you get a fuel upgrade. the best one is the underdog kit that is also on gadgets site. But if you must just do a deck plate mod! 10$ and just as good as the 250$ intake systems. red

Add your comment to this topic!