what will happen if i cut off my muffler?

KrunKTastiC
02-04-2004, 02:05 PM
If i cut the muffler off my 93 honda civic what will happen?Will i screw anything up?Is it bad for the motor?I heard you need back presure.

Ricochet
02-04-2004, 02:12 PM
nothing, your car will be loud and annoying, making you wish it was back on.

KoRnSaQ
02-04-2004, 02:40 PM
ya, you really dont need to have any back pressure on our cars

Jos4DCivic
02-04-2004, 07:41 PM
i got strait pipe no muffler and it is hella loud!! sounds like a damn plane.

Ace$nyper
02-04-2004, 08:32 PM
you will lose friends

SiGNAL748
02-04-2004, 08:33 PM
don't CUT off your muffler

if you really wanna know what it sounds like, unbolt your whole exhuast from the cat.

this way, if you don't like the sound. you can't simply bolt it back on and everything will be back to normal. unlike cutting off your muffler, where you'd have to bring it back to a shop to get it welded on.

Ricochet
02-04-2004, 10:51 PM
you will lose friends
best reply ever :rofl:

cvcc_wagon
02-04-2004, 11:20 PM
last year i was welding new exhaust for my car and one of the joints in the center came loose (just a clamp, i was actually on my way back to my freinds place to finish welding some stuff) in a McD's parking lot, i had to drive 10 miles down the highway like that and the noise drove me nuts, at certain rpm's it is really annoying. its not a nice noise, you will lose friends over it :D over at my friends farm we have an old Carola that we shitkicked (ever seen an engine dieseling with almost no water or oil :D) anyway we unbolted the exhaust from the manifold and that thing is a loud bastard too

eckoman_pdx
02-05-2004, 05:49 AM
Also, I hope you are not under the impression that cutting off your muffler will add or gain you horsepower. It will do nothing of the sort. It will just sound extremely loud, annoying, and sound like exactly what it is...a cut off muffler. People can tell the difference, it is way too loud and annoying, and will gain you more power. If you are really wanting a louder sounding exhaust, save your $$ and buy a good cat-back system. It will sound a HECK OF A LOT better, and it will add power to boot. Cutting off your muffler is a waste of time and money.....period.

Ace$nyper
02-05-2004, 10:50 AM
best reply ever :rofl:
*takes a bow* thank you thank you i'm here all week!.
BTW thanks for geting me back other night you see that all got deleted? I killed him rofl!.

Ricochet
02-05-2004, 11:13 AM
I was pretty drunk last night when I threw that colorful reply in there and was wondering why I didn't see it this morning :) sorry to any mods..

Ace$nyper
02-05-2004, 05:32 PM
thats cool if you want PM me i'll fill you in i can't even start to exlpain the flaming i gave him. BTW sorry mods he earned it though but i was a bit brutal even for me.

eckoman_pdx
02-05-2004, 10:07 PM
thats cool if you want PM me i'll fill you in i can't even start to exlpain the flaming i gave him. BTW sorry mods he earned it though but i was a bit brutal even for me.

Okay...now I am curious to know what I missed.

pheurton-skeurto
02-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Okay...now I am curious to know what I missed.
yeah fill us all in...

Miataracer
02-05-2004, 11:17 PM
yeah, I wanna hear this too!

Ricochet
02-05-2004, 11:36 PM
I think it was that guy who's been posting with 10 different names and keeps getting banned..

Ace$nyper
02-05-2004, 11:48 PM
yea it was him he started shit Ricochet had my back when he started with me then I unloaded some of the worst pwns ever in AFs history I can't even start to talk about what I said. But pm me i'll tell whole pwnages or ask carrrnutt poor guy had to read all that. sry carrrnutt.

Miataracer
02-06-2004, 12:01 AM
I always miss the good stuff *shoots self in face* lol

spooleffect
02-09-2004, 10:31 PM
My buddy has a 95 Civic EX and the previous owner cut the muffler off. Whats funny is that its not loud and its the best sounding D engine I've ever heard. Ive heard another D engine with a header, no cat, diffuser, and canister muffler. It was a very high quality system(can't recall the company) but it was the loudest worst sounding thing Ive every heard. From a mile away it sounded like a 50 outboard motors were gonna explode...... right next to you!

Hellraiserrob
02-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Cuttin off your muffler would be idiotic you will add disgrace to the import scene... like this one guy i saw two days ago who NO JOKE had a folgers coffee can hangin from his tail pipe on his 90 accord, I've heard of bein funny but this guy was just an idiot

eckoman_pdx
02-13-2004, 12:05 AM
Cuttin off your muffler would be idiotic you will add disgrace to the import scene... like this one guy i saw two days ago who NO JOKE had a folgers coffee can hangin from his tail pipe on his 90 accord, I've heard of bein funny but this guy was just an idiot

*SIGH*...That's just really sad...hopefully his childern someday won't inherit the same stupidity. :loser: :banghead:

notenoughmoney
02-13-2004, 12:24 AM
I didnt cut my muffler it rotted off..... I dont have enough money to get it fixed right now. Anyway yeah its loud but it just sound like a I have a ricer can on it. I dont like those mufflers cause they are too stereotypical.... I wanna replace it with maybe a dual tip muffler that is not gapping wide. I am thinking that when eventually I get my body kit I am not gonna have my exhaust showing at all just behind the bumper not sticking out but down. What do you guys think. I used to want to have my tip molded into the side of my bumper....

Ricochet
02-13-2004, 09:44 AM
If your muffler's covered up by a bumper the fumes will pour up into the cabin and smell funny..

Ace$nyper
02-13-2004, 10:06 AM
smells like victory

eckoman_pdx
02-14-2004, 02:32 AM
smells like victory

LOL.....

Add your comment to this topic!