Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

J30 TT

G-Forces
04-24-2001, 06:23 PM
Aww hell I'll FP here. The J30 should have had a twin turbo version too. Just like the 300ZX. Since the motor in the J is related to the 300ZX I wonder if you could swap them?

SkylinesKillAll
04-24-2001, 07:13 PM
who cares the j30 was ugly and it sucked. gimme a 300zx tt

jpalm
12-10-2001, 11:48 AM
:flipa:

My 94 J30t is WAY more car than any G20! That is a FACT!

:finger:

Timcertain
01-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Dude, really good idea, I would think it could handle it, and it sure as hell needs a couple turbos. I drive a 97 t, and it isn't that much faster than my 4 cyl VOLVO!!! So, twin turbos a yes...

jpalm
01-04-2002, 06:35 AM
Let me know when you put a twin turbo on your J, I'm sure it will only set you back 5 grand or so. The car is what it is, I get tired of people bitching about it. Take the 4 banger Volvo down a curvy road or on the highway and see if it keeps up with the J, I DOUBT IT!

The J wasn't made to be a 0-60 car, if thats what you want you are in the wrong class of car. But by all means, please spend the $$ and tell me how a TT works out and lets see how long you car runs for (not to mention trouble free)

Timcertain
01-06-2002, 11:27 AM
Really? well, i'm sorry if tick ya off about that, but think of it like this, when there's a need for a 4-door and ya dont have the 82k for a M5 it's nice that you can spend probably the 5g's on a j and have something (obviously not as fast as an m5) pretty damn sweet.

Ohh!!, but you messed with the v-vo, winding road, it can grab...now highways....ehh....it can hang with a bike (no engine on that bike of course), but he's a ladies car anyway....yea...

Later,

Timmy C.

jpalm
01-09-2002, 06:59 AM
Didn't mean to sound so harsh but just trying to point out that the money in/performance out ratio would not be very good. I've asked a few people about putting a turbo on a J, including people from a "Z" club and they say its just not worth the $$. I would suggest getting a first generation Q45, there are still some good ones out there. Even though the 90 is rated at 278HP, the numbers were WAY UNDERESTIMATED, they make closer to 300HP and there are several upgrade packages out there!

I love my J30 and its a great car, but right now its my everyday car and I still have about a year to pay on it, after thats up THEN I start messing with it some. I'm in a debate with myself whether to keep it forever or sell it and get something like a 350Z, G35, I35, or a Altima. Only time will tell I guess!

:D

Jeff

kuyadabs
05-01-2002, 06:20 PM
Infortunately, it can't be done without actually modifying the engine bay itself. The VG30DETT doesn't fit into a USDM J30, and there is no room for the headers nor turbines. In the japanese version of the J30, they were able to somehow have more room because of the right hand driver style. I have seen turbos or the smaller Q45 v8 in side the j30 style j30 in japan. It really isn't worth the money like they've said. Find other ways to make J30 fast. I'm going with NOS.

malcolm
03-13-2003, 02:05 PM
The VH41DE is 270Kw stock and fitts.
I have a nissan made J30T with V8 1993 model I have a pic at www.510sss.com down the bottom of the page ,I think their is a engine bay pic as well.

You need more than a WRX to pass me on the open road plus a GTR skyline has no guts at over 200Kph in stock trim.I know this cos a mate hasa R32 GTr and we went for a open road blast,he fast around town but not on the highway.
Two turbo's ant enough

IH8-V8
03-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Didn't mean to sound so harsh but just trying to point out that the money in/performance out ratio would not be very good. I've asked a few people about putting a turbo on a J, including people from a "Z" club and they say its just not worth the $$. I would suggest getting a first generation Q45, there are still some good ones out there. Even though the 90 is rated at 278HP, the numbers were WAY UNDERESTIMATED, they make closer to 300HP and there are several upgrade packages out there!

I love my J30 and its a great car, but right now its my everyday car and I still have about a year to pay on it, after thats up THEN I start messing with it some. I'm in a debate with myself whether to keep it forever or sell it and get something like a 350Z, G35, I35, or a Altima. Only time will tell I guess!

:D

Jeff

WOW--where do you get your information from? The VG30dett does fit inside the J30 or J30T y32 chasis. The J30 is built with the NA VG30 motor---so the J-Spec or US spec 300zx motor drops right in (Uses same motor mounts). With the Japanese spec motor, the wire harness must be lengthened b/c the ECU in Japan is on the left side of the vehicle. Also, it is easier to use the infinity oilpan on the VG30dett motor, and tap it for the turbo oil lines---this allows for much more clearance. You also must relocate your battery to the rear to allow room for the intercooler piping on the right side of the vehicle. I think this swap rivals the SC300 Lexus Supra swap. Reason being: $$$$$$ With the J30 swap you have a performance oriented luxery sedan that is affordable. You can purchase a J30T with Super HIcas for anywhere from 2500--5000 depending on miles, year, and condition. Yes you sacrafice the 5spd w/ the J30 platform---but who wants to shift a luxery car. Basically---buy a High milage J30 for 2-2500 dollars. Purchase a Jspec VG30DETT (320 HP) for $2500 (not including shipping) and enjoy doing one of the easiest swaps around. Buy the upgraded ECU, custom make a 3 inch exhaust, and enjoy 380 flywheel HP---with the reliability of OEM components.

To end---I am curious why you thought this swap couldn't be done?

IH8-V8
03-06-2004, 08:37 PM
In my above post I quoted the wrong quote....SORRY Jpalm.... I meant to quote this:

kuyadabs:
Infortunately, it can't be done without actually modifying the engine bay itself. The VG30DETT doesn't fit into a USDM J30, and there is no room for the headers nor turbines. In the japanese version of the J30, they were able to somehow have more room because of the right hand driver style. I have seen turbos or the smaller Q45 v8 in side the j30 style j30 in japan. It really isn't worth the money like they've said. Find other ways to make J30 fast. I'm going with NOS.

Report Post | IP: Logged

lantonelli13
03-08-2004, 01:07 AM
if u want turbo, just sell the j30 and get the 300zx.
Youll sell and pay about the same price and break even. both are nice rides

MattBG20t
03-14-2004, 06:16 PM
:flipa:

My 94 J30t is WAY more car than any G20! That is a FACT!

:finger:

I think not. Does SR20DET mean anything to you? The J30 and G20 are both great cars in their own right. They're equally as good.

Add your comment to this topic!