Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ragging/bragging on boxsters

onetime_77
02-03-2004, 01:47 AM
I just wanted to get some opinions from some of the people here. I have heard many people rag on the boxsters. They say they are so slow...shouldn't be called a porsche.....are cheap...etc. Do they really think that the boxster was intended to be a supercar??? They are meant to compete with the Z3's, clk's, and like vehicles. None of these cars are especially fast, but the boxster S is far ahead of it's pack. I have driven most of these cars and can say that for a fact (and I haven't even driven an S, just the base). I am sick of seeing people calling these cars cheap pieces of crap. Sorry, but no they aren't cheap. When I do get one it will make a good dent in my wallet, and I am the type of person this level of car was made for. People who dream of owning a porsche but can't afford a 100K 911. Yes I agree the base models are on the slower side, at least the older ones...but the S is quite fast.

As for those who brag thier asses off about owning a boxster.....
chill out people. You own a fine machine with a fine name. Odds are you own a boxster is because you can't afford a 911. Thats fine and all because will be in the same boat. Just don't act like because you have that shield on your hood that you are so much faster than everyone else. My 95 Mustang GT had beat every boxster I ran against...straight or curved road. I spent some money on it to get up to 400 hp, but just cause it was a 95 doesn't give people with a 2000+ boxster the right to assume they could take it.

I know there will always be people thinking thier car is better than another, but to each his own. YOU like your car and you bought it for a reason. Doesn't mean everyone else has to like it and doesn't mean you are faster than everyone. Also because you have one ride doesn't mean you should go ragging on someone elses. I used to be like that when I had my mustang. It didn't look better than a stock 95gt convertable...but it was a hell of a sleeper. I had embarrassed many people showing off for thier friends or g/f. Now that I had to sell it due to layoffs I drive a 95 cavalier. Yeah its kinda crappy but it is my car and I am proud of it. Even when I do get a boxster or whatever I decide on, I will not rag on others cars. Matter of fact I will most likely keep the cav just to remind me to feel lucky for what I do have, and not be an ass to those who don't. Be proud of what you own, but don't look down on others for what they have. Everyone should show respect to others no matter what they drive. Everyone should just enjoy the performance and love the drive!!!!!!

Please leave thoughts cause I would like to know what others think.

hogandawg
03-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Do you need a shoulder to cry on? Shut the hell up!Once you get one, you'll change your tune! I thought I would be the same way, but the way I look at it is, F**K'em, for many years I drove around in crappy junk, finally my ship rolled in, and all those little Honda fags are hate'n life when I win thier money. Those bitches that didn't want anything to do with me before, now beg me to go out with them, so I throw it up in'em and give them the finger as I walk out the door! Little car slut groupies is all they are. Makes them feel like s**t too! Nothing is better then to walk out after your done blowing your wad on thier faces, and they start crying because they don't know what they've done. F**K YOU BITCH! Ya cryin little gold digging car slut! Thats the atitude you should have! Not this little "be kind to others" bull s**t! Ya know what my favorite thing to do is? Pick up a little teenage(legal) virgin, feed her a line of mushy bull s**t, take her home bust her cherry then kick her ass out of my house, because all she is, is a c**k teasing little rich bitch who finally gets what she deserves. So in closing my friend, "don't look down on others for what they have" F**K THAT S**T!

Sydbom
05-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Do you need a shoulder to cry on? Shut the hell up!Once you get one, you'll change your tune! I thought I would be the same way, but the way I look at it is, F**K'em, for many years I drove around in crappy junk, finally my ship rolled in, and all those little Honda fags are hate'n life when I win thier money. Those bitches that didn't want anything to do with me before, now beg me to go out with them, so I throw it up in'em and give them the finger as I walk out the door! Little car slut groupies is all they are. Makes them feel like s**t too! Nothing is better then to walk out after your done blowing your wad on thier faces, and they start crying because they don't know what they've done. F**K YOU BITCH! Ya cryin little gold digging car slut! Thats the atitude you should have! Not this little "be kind to others" bull s**t! Ya know what my favorite thing to do is? Pick up a little teenage(legal) virgin, feed her a line of mushy bull s**t, take her home bust her cherry then kick her ass out of my house, because all she is, is a c**k teasing little rich bitch who finally gets what she deserves. So in closing my friend, "don't look down on others for what they have" F**K THAT S**T!

are you crazy or something?

993cc Man
05-06-2004, 12:54 PM

People..just Say No !

LoveBunny
05-20-2004, 11:23 PM
I am hoping to get another Porsche one day, hopefully in the next couple of years. I used to have a 944 years ago. Some said it wasn't a "real" Porsche, and that only the 911 was, but I loved it all the same. I'm not into racing. Never have been, never will be. I have nothing to prove. I love the sound and the feel of a Porsche. I love sitting in one with the engine running and not even moving. Once when I had my 944 I had some dude in a tricked out Mustang come up to me and rev his engine up at a light. Though I didn't acknowledge his presence at all, I floored it when the light changed. He left me in the dust. Still, I was happy as a clam having my car. I ended up having to sell it when the maintenance got to be too much. I now drive a Ford Explorer due to money issues at the time I needed a car (before that was an Audi). It's been years since I owned my 944 but I definitey want another Porsche. I want a 911, but I also don't have a money tree. It won't be easy acquiring a Boxster, but it's doable, and then maybe a 911 down the line. I could care less about what anyone says or thinks about what I drive. I've had a love of Porsches for years that is not going away. It's not about the speed of the car or trying to impress people. It's about a passion for a car that I will always have and can't exactly be explained.

youngvr4
05-21-2004, 12:42 AM
nicely said.

citic
05-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Whats the connection between waste paper and a porsche Boxster , well Metso Corp the waste paper giant of Finland assembles Boxsters in a plant thet they own in Finland under the name Valmet auto. I woulndnt be surprised if they make most if not all the parts there to, the history of the company is makers of Saab and Opel and was or is owned or was part of GM , they dont mention that in the Porsche Brochures

fine name. Odds are you own a boxster is because you can't afford a 911. Thats fine and all because will be in the same boat. Just don't act like because you have that shield on your hood that you are so much faster than everyone else. My 95 Mustang GT had beat every boxster I ran ere will always be people thinking thier car is better than another, but to each his own. YOU like your car and you bought it for a reason. Doesn't mean everyone else has to like i Also because you have one ride doesn't mean you should go ragging on someone elses. I used to be like that when I had my mustang. It didn't look better than a stock 95gt convertable...but it was a hell of a sleeper. I had embarrassed many people showing off for thier friends or g/f. Now that I had to sell it due to layoffs I drive a 95 cavalier. Yeah its kinda crappy but it is my car and I am proud of it. Even when I do get a boxster or whatever I decide on, I will not rag on others cars. Matter of fact I will most likely keep the cav just to remind me to feel lucky for what I do have, and not be an ass to those who don't. Be proud of what you own, but don't look down on others for what they have. Everyone should show respect to others no matter what they drive. Everyone should just enjoy the performance[/QUOTE]

drewdeezee
09-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Yes, a lot of non-enthusiasts rag on the Boxster saying that it's not a real Porsche or is underpowered. Others have told me that 200hp on a Boxster is more efficiently used than 200hp on other cars due to the Boxster's mid-engine/rear-drive layout. Please post your impressions on how good the base Boxster really is. I've read a lot of magazines on the Boxster, but sometimes I think they get paid to say nice things. I'd like to hear from the Boxster owners themselves. Thanks!

neo the hacker
09-27-2004, 05:07 PM
In the uk the boxster as won sports car of the year for the past couple of years and i think is a very good car, ok the first one's had problems with the liners coming away, but they've sorted that now and they look great. People own 911s because they cant afford a 959s, O and there banned in the states.

Add your comment to this topic!