Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Decals that need to be made:

willimo
02-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Ok, so it's getting where you can find all the sponsor decals you need to make your car look awesome, with graphics and a roll call and whatever. Good for that, seriously. But now it's time to broaden the decal scope to the engine bay.

Yes, the engine bay.

There needs to be a decal sheet with the sticker that goes on the radiator cap, the oil cap, fuse boxes, information panels, etc. The sheet could be real simple... with a handful of the same graphic repeated many times and could last 20 cars or something unreal like that. Am I the only demand here?

Well, just an idea. Doubt anyone will take it to heart, but its frustrating when your fusebox looks like a black square and your radiator cap looks like a circle. Wish you could tell what they were.

SonyMobile
02-02-2004, 05:46 PM
I agree, it would be a great aspect for extreme detail builders and would be used by many I know i would buy a set, even though im still not that into high detail, im still trying to get my stuff to have that realistic effect before I do to much.

Ferrari TR
02-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Well...
Yes and No.
Yes I want some, and no, if it was easy everyone would have them!
lol :p

mstngcobrasvt98
02-02-2004, 09:28 PM
hell yea....great idea..anyone want to make them?
Universal decals....lol.

CADguy
02-02-2004, 10:29 PM
The new Revell 2004 Z06 has under hood decals that replicate the various factory labels.

I thought it was a nice touch, and hope more manufacturers put them in the kit.

geedup
02-03-2004, 03:41 AM
yeah, my pontiac kit came with some engine decals, you cant read them, but they do look good

willimo
02-03-2004, 01:09 PM
The new Revell 2004 Z06 has under hood decals that replicate the various factory labels.

I thought it was a nice touch, and hope more manufacturers put them in the kit.

Revell is really on the ball with that, their decals though not as great quality as Tamiya, are way more comprehensive. I enjoy their engine detail and the decals that come with it. I've had to sacrifice a handful of decal sets from the Revell Civic for the models I've built lately. I juat wish someone would just sell those decals, so I don't have to bust up a kit. And no, I don't think that it being easy and widespread is a bad thing, that would just push the model building envelope further.

slk320
02-03-2004, 03:44 PM
hey Willimo and others.

I am right with you in the desire for some qulity underhood decals. I have been using military (yes military) and airplane decals to replicate various underhood markings.

I alos found that some Airplane 1/43 scale decals for the bomb markings are very very usefull for battery decals,warning labels and hose/belt markings.. check them out. they are usually plentifull and available everywhere ;)

Just an idea!

ImportBuilder
02-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Alright guys, I'm gonna start this lil project u all want so badly. It sounds like a pretty good idea to me. The Revell Civic has sum good decals like the 1's u all r talkin about. Im gonna make this decal sheet, then i'll post it here so u can download it n print it on decal paper.

nis.k.a.
02-03-2004, 10:59 PM
The RB26DETT needs some quality bay decals. Relays, battery, VIN, etc etc

Layla's Keeper
02-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Also, if you build older cars, Lindberg has been inclding decals for classic AC-Delco oil filters and other such underhood bits in their recent muscle car kits.

Add your comment to this topic!