Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

h,h,hesitating e,e,e,engine

BIG TU
02-02-2004, 04:09 PM
hello again to the forum. hope you all keeping well and been pulling plenty of doughnuts. Ive got a bit of a problem with my lovely 944 some of you might have read my post on my dashlight problem, its embarresing but that turned out to be just a fuse!! I was well chuffed if a little embarressed, Some of you may also know that as I said my babys just had new gaskets seals and crank bearings well shes started hesitating on acceleration and it seems to be getting worse. I took her down the motorway to try and open her up but that hasnt helped what do you think the problem is. the crank bearings were replaced because the engine was chocked up due to lack of use? or so the garage said. I can also haer what I think to be the fuel pump wining when i start her some times for about six seconds, some times not at all please share the knowledge you have with me it will be much appreciated and it might save the guy who sold me the car a lot of earache. Im scarred the cars a turkey. Anyway take it easy tu

xjoeharperx
02-02-2004, 04:44 PM
need a little more info about what happens when you have this problem..feel free to pm me..

YeTi
02-03-2004, 10:22 PM
it might be a fuel pressure issue.
look for fuel leaks at the pump. also run some injector cleaner through your engine and see what happens after a tank of gas.

Jarsyl
02-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Many really good mechines dont think well taken care of engines will lock up due to use. I let my car sit without being driven once for 6 months, and when I sarted it up I blew the fuse for my amp, that was it. I talked to a mechanic I know about what should be done if I get sent overseases and wasnt able to get the car for a full year or more, he just said change all the fuilds, store it someplace, and when you get black change them again. He seems to think it would take around 5+ years on a well maintained / well built car to lock up from lack of use.

Add your comment to this topic!