Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Not Starting!!

Delano
04-24-2001, 12:31 PM
Theis car will not even turn over never mind not start. I am getting "joice" but it will not turn. it's not even clicking. I can hear something like a spring noice if I turn the ingition keys realy slow. Can someone give me some ideas. I need ro get this car out of my work parking lot.

GtRider
04-24-2001, 12:39 PM
whats up man
i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago
i have a 1994 g20t
one day i went to work and my car wasnt even starting
it didnt even crank
i had my mechanic look at it and he said it was the starter
he said that many of the g20's there starter goes out!
try replacing the starter an see if it starts up!

Delano
04-24-2001, 12:43 PM
Thanks any Idea where I could pick up one cheap? Do you know where the starter is on these cars? I couldn't find it.

SkylinesKillAll
04-24-2001, 01:25 PM
the starter is a bitch to find. u goota go under the car to find it. i had to have mine replaced too and it sucked. i was out bowling, the car strted fine when i left, got back to my car when we were done and wouldnt start for shit. luckily being the moron i am i tried agin like 20mins later and got home. cost 300 to fix

Koojo
04-24-2001, 01:48 PM
A starter is one of those things you have to replace on a car at some point. So if your car is older, and it does shit when you try to start it, then its probably the starter thats messed up

primera man
04-24-2001, 01:59 PM
Just a silly question i will ask you.

I guess you have checked the tightness of the leads on the battery.

You would never guess the amount of people who ring us at work with this problem and all it is is a loose lead on the battery.

Koojo
04-25-2001, 09:35 PM
First check if the battery is actually there or not, and hasnt been stolen..hahahaha..that would suck.

ales
04-25-2001, 11:22 PM
Mine did the same thing. You might really want to check your battery (well, if it is there :) ). If it is empty, the starter won't turn, and you'll hear all sorts of strange and rather amusing sounds...

CU

poppy_morenito
04-26-2001, 07:19 AM
Has same problem, same solution battery!!!

nis.k.a.
05-17-2001, 09:50 PM
If you ever get stuck and your starters out, tap on the strater with a box or crescent wrench (or something of the same size and strength). Most all straters fail as they get older mostly because of carbon build up. Tapping on the starter momentarily loosens the carbon, enough for you to start your car. Do this until you get your new starter. It'll work 97% (guessing) of the time. Trust me, my old '91 P10 had a starter fail.:grey:

S. Livingston
07-03-2001, 01:51 PM
Where is that starter rascal? Can one just replace the (SP) soliniod, or must one 'do' the whole starter?

nis.k.a.
07-04-2001, 05:13 PM
Starter on the SR20DE is pretty easy to find. If you're going to replace it, than you have to get to it from underneath the car. If you're going to tap on it to start it, it's located about mid-length in the firewall. Reach undernaeth the intake manifold ('91-93 1/2) and it should be right there. Remember, it's locate on the tranny, so you want to feel in that area when underneath the intake manifold.

S. Livingston
07-05-2001, 09:44 AM
:D thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!