Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gallardo e-Gear question (maybe problem?)

clarkster
02-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Yesterday, after stating my Gallardo, I couldn't get it in to gear. I'd flip the right flipper and it said "1st" gear in the display, but would only rev the engine. Same with reverse. After flipping/pushing several buttons for about a minute or two thinking I was doing something wrong, I finally shut off the engine and restarted. It then went straight into 1st and I had no more problems.

Question for anyone with Gallardo - anyone experience this? Common? Fluke or warranty item?

Thanks

blaise
02-01-2004, 02:41 PM
There is an article about the Gallardo in the February issue of Car & Driver (page 73). The author mentioned having the same problem and that restarting the engine fixed it too; "...push button cars sometimes have push button fixes..." he said.

wings700
02-01-2004, 05:11 PM
There is an article about the Gallardo in the February issue of Car & Driver (page 73). The author mentioned having the same problem and that restarting the engine fixed it too; "...push button cars sometimes have push button fixes..." he said.

They also said it was very tricky to park and without a hydraulic lift like the one that the Murci has there is a lot of crunching over speedbumps and inclines on driveways.

Add your comment to this topic!