Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pacesetter exhaust

SenseiAccord
02-01-2004, 05:46 AM
Anyone ever own a pacesetter exhaust system? I was wondering how the catbacks are and the headers are. Heard they give some decent gains with their products. Also does the pacesetter catbacks make ur car sound like a Ferrari cuz thats what i heard but not sure if its true. hahaha that would be kinda cool.... a Ferrari sounding accord (what i own) Anyway i just wanted to kno how they are performance wise is and i guess how it sounds. Their products are in my budget range and i wanted an exhaust system to replace me rusty stock piping and get some gains with a high mileage garauntee.

Ace$nyper
02-01-2004, 10:48 AM
there crap rust out sound just like bees in a coffee can. If you think a ferrari sounds like that i'll take your ears off resavoir dogs style. if thats your price range either save up or get some custom piping bent keep away from paceshitter

SiGNAL748
02-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Pacesetter = teh lose.

btw, nothing will ever make your car sound like a ferrari.

thewoahna
02-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Pretty much, you get what you pay for, that can be applied to much of the aftermarket world. Save money and get something that is all SS and has a deeper tone, Like a Greddy SP2 or DC Sports. I got the DC and I love it!

SenseiAccord
02-02-2004, 04:48 PM
so pace setter exhaust sound like sh*t??? Anybody else got some input on these catback systems? So what about their headers? Are they like crap too??

SiGNAL748
02-02-2004, 09:05 PM
pacesetter anything = teh lose.

jcrx
02-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Pacesetter has GREAT customer service, too bad their product is teh ub3r ghey crap.

Ace$nyper
02-03-2004, 09:39 AM
LOL @ teh ub3r gaye crap

Ricochet
02-03-2004, 10:31 AM
teh ub3r ghey crap.
everybody in the office just wondered why I lol'ed
My friend had a pacesetter on his 91 Si and it was pretty buzzy.. But then he got a ZC swap and a Greddy exhaust and the difference between the two is night and day.

Greddy = nice low fatman fart
Pacesetter = tight Etheopian virgin queef

lorddarkice
02-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Greddy = nice low fatman fart
Pacesetter = tight Etheopian virgin queef

hmm... that is a colorfull discription... i would say pacesetter is more like a etheopian virgin with the runs haveing to fart at the same time... but thats just me. lol.

IntegraB18LS
02-11-2004, 12:47 AM
I put a flowmaster axle back on my g/f's 98 lude and with the DC sports header and AEM intake, it sounds awsome, nice deep non ricy sound, and then when it hits vtec it sounds scary. and it looks clean and cops have never busted on her for it.

saranaz
02-12-2004, 04:02 PM
i have the pacesetter exhaust and headers..came with the car....exhaust sounds TERRIBLE.....geting new one at the end of the month

www.cardomain.com/id/saranaz86

SenseiAccord
02-13-2004, 01:42 AM
i have the pacesetter exhaust and headers..came with the car....exhaust sounds TERRIBLE.....geting new one at the end of the month

www.cardomain.com/id/saranaz86

Ok thats enough proof for me. F pacesetters. Im just gonna go with custom piping from a local shop. Thanx for all your guys inputs!

saranaz
02-13-2004, 07:50 AM
Ok thats enough proof for me. F pacesetters. Im just gonna go with custom piping from a local shop. Thanx for all your guys inputs!

good choice !

zebra123
02-16-2004, 09:55 AM
good choice !
Okay though, I followed this thread but got NO CLUE on what muffler or combo muffler/resonator/ will give a reasonably deep tone (more like the fatman fart) than the angry hornet buzz...?
I recall stories from hot rodders in the old days, one in particular the sweetest sounding car he ever heard was a 6cylinder with 6 separate pipes (don't recall what type of muffling used) , it DID sorta sound like a poor mans ferrari
Later,
Z

Add your comment to this topic!