Page updated on 10-21-2017

No bikes?

XenoKryst
12-28-2001, 05:22 PM
Hey!

I just found this site today while searching up finished models and I must say...WOW! You guys are good.

Anyway, I just signed up and this is my first post. I wanted to know why you guys don't like motorcycles?? Tamiya makes a good number but I never seen anyone on this forum make any. Of course, not that their's anything wrong with cars!:smoker2:

I am interested because I am a big cycle fan, so I purchased a Tamiya Kawasaki ZX-12r 1/12. I have been working for a couple weeks when I have time. I wouldn't think you guys would want pics of it, it is my second model kit...just getting into the painting stuff.

I wanted to know since the kit comes with transparent parts, do I prime it if I want to paint it solid colour?

---Thanks

Guiddy
12-28-2001, 05:25 PM
I think the 'Car Modelling' heading really is the reason!

None of us are into bikes I guess, and we would want to keep the forum to just cars anyway!

Cars is where we are at!:D

Mind you, having said all that, I have built 2 bikes in the past!

P.S. Do you really own a Zero fighter????:eek:

primera man
12-28-2001, 05:36 PM
Check out page 11...*primera mans bikes*

XenoKryst
12-28-2001, 05:51 PM
Wow, cool bikes.

But still doesn't answer my question.

It comes with transparent body parts. Clear green parts.

I wanted to know since the kit comes with transparent parts, do I prime it if I want to paint it solid colour?

Or will it still look nice to spray it green?? Since the parts are already green. I wanted to do as the box with a fading of transparent -> solid colour just like the box to show the engine.

primera man
12-28-2001, 05:54 PM
Prime with 2-3 coats first, then paint with the finish coats

XenoKryst
12-28-2001, 05:56 PM
How about if I wanted to make it partially clear like on the box? To show off the engine. Is it possible?

primera man
12-28-2001, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by XenoKryst
How about if I wanted to make it partially clear like on the box? To show off the engine. Is it possible?

Only if you dont paint it

Jay!
12-28-2001, 06:06 PM
I might do some bikes if I could find some I like in 1/24 scale to hang out with my cars. I'm not a bike nut, but I like them just the same.

I have a paper one to build... :D

S Brake
12-28-2001, 08:28 PM
I would love to do a bike, how much do they run?

Guiddy
12-29-2001, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by XenoKryst

If you used Tamiya Acrylica and airbrushed it on, it's possible you could leave a faded clear section in the middle! Cans wouldn't be fine enough!
But I wouldn't bother, it would look better as per the real thing!

primera man
12-29-2001, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by snowboarder927
I would love to do a bike, how much do they run?

Most of them here are about the same price as a Tamiya car kit

Add your comment to this topic!