Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

would it be to hard

jonathan_fidalgo
01-31-2004, 05:12 PM
would a 1994 3000gt vr4 be to much work for a person 17 years old that is an avrage person wen it comes to cars.

Igovert500
01-31-2004, 06:54 PM
It's an expensive car in every respect, insurance, maintanence, repairs, gas, everything. But it also a very rewarding car to own and I guarentee you'll fall in love with it. So it's really up to you, if you have money and take good car of it, it is a great car.

jonathan_fidalgo
01-31-2004, 07:12 PM
the car is a 1994 and has 100,000 miles. i cant find any with under 100,000 miles is that bad.

AcesHigh
01-31-2004, 07:19 PM
If you can afford it, go for it. Typically, this is where I say "save money for college", but I'm that much in love with the VR4 :D.

jonathan_fidalgo
01-31-2004, 07:22 PM
how would i no if the engine and turbos are still good wen i take a test drive. i dont work on my car dont know to much about engines.

The1NamedMarc
02-01-2004, 01:24 AM
There's no rush. Wait 5 months and you'll find some nice 94+ VR4s with low miles and lower price.

AcesHigh
02-01-2004, 10:06 AM
How much did you say it was again

Generally, I don't think year on a 3kgt matters. Unless it was '99, the best looking year in my opinion.

YogsVR4
02-01-2004, 02:07 PM
would a 1994 3000gt vr4 be to much work for a person 17 years old that is an avrage person wen it comes to cars.

I'd say that it is to much for a 17 year old. Its not that you don't have or couldn't get the technical knowledge, but the cost is quite high for these cars. Even though it was marketed as a tourting coupe, its priced like a sports car, its insurance is that of a sports car and replacement parts are priced like a sports car. In other words, its lots of $$$$. If you have the money then it may not be so bad for you, however, if your disposable income comes from McDonalds, forget it.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

3000GT4ME
02-05-2004, 10:49 PM
I own a 1996 3k base model and am 18 years old. I figured that at the price i got it, 7 thousand, that it was worth it... since then i have wrecked it once, hit a dear 2500 dollars of damage, i have replaced the breaks, starter, and tires. This car is very expensive and not to mention insurance which i am lucky enough to only have to pay 2200 a year.... hehe, if you love the car then you love the car just be ready for expensive gas!

youngmanvr4
02-07-2004, 11:32 PM
You say expensive gas....what do you mean...whats it get per gallon?You said its a base model?Man...insurance has to be high on a VR-4 then hey?I'm going to go test drive one tomorrow...a VR-4 that is.But if you pay that much for insurance on a base...oh god...i dont know what i'm going to do.Or maybe i should go back to my GSX plan?But i really like VR-4's tho.So i dont know now.

AcesHigh
02-07-2004, 11:50 PM
The 3000gt is an expensive maintenance car, and unless you find a super deal on a VR4 or have deep pockets, save your $$ for college and get one later down the road.

youngmanvr4
02-08-2004, 12:04 AM
lucky for me...i'm not going to callege.I dont know about this guy...i found a 99 VR-4 with 16,000 miles wanting $5,600 for it.I emailed him...so yea...i think that it has 160,000 miles...but i dont know...but geez...for $5,600 and its in like the best shape...even if it has 160k on it...i dont know what VR-4 engine cost (i dont know the engine code) but i could just buy i newer engine or just rebuild the engine for that matter...but i hope the guy emails me back.But that sounds like a great deal to me.

duchguy
02-08-2004, 09:07 PM
a 1999 with 160K on it , yeaks, there was a post on 3si witht the highest miles on the car, and I dont believe there were to many first gens with that kind of mileage, lol! Check to see how many owners it has had, if it is stock go for it, thats an unheard price, check maintenance records and I am sure u will be spending soon some dolares on a new transmission, new turbos, new everything, ii dunno the price is tempting but its gonna cost ya, no matter if u have a 1999 with 10 miles on it, if it isnt in repairs u get so addicted on modifying that it is gonna cost you an arm and a leg too, then there is more wear and tear cause u wanna gofaster and faster and then mo stuff breaks and then there is no way back cause u cant sell it cause it is so haeve(n)ly modified!!

:evillol:

Igovert500
02-08-2004, 11:04 PM
I said it's expensive on gas because you are only supposed to put in 91 octane or better. Up here by me premium gas runs $1.88-1.98 per gallon. I believe the tank is 19-20 gallons. And the most I've ever gotten out of one tank was 310 miles. So dropping 30+ dollars for 250-300 miles is kind of expensive compared to my 4 cylinder honda.

TTStealth19s
02-19-2004, 03:23 AM
I'm an 18 year old with a modded 92 TT Stealth. It has cost me lots of money, but it's all worth every penny! Once everything is ironed out, the running is pretty smooth.

ikOnone
02-23-2004, 03:31 PM
a 1999 with 160K on it , yeaks, there was a post on 3si witht the highest miles on the car, and I dont believe there were to many first gens with that kind of mileage, lol! Check to see how many owners it has had, if it is stock go for it, thats an unheard price, check maintenance records and I am sure u will be spending soon some dolares on a new transmission, new turbos, new everything, ii dunno the price is tempting but its gonna cost ya, no matter if u have a 1999 with 10 miles on it, if it isnt in repairs u get so addicted on modifying that it is gonna cost you an arm and a leg too, then there is more wear and tear cause u wanna gofaster and faster and then mo stuff breaks and then there is no way back cause u cant sell it cause it is so haeve(n)ly modified!!

:evillol:

what? i have seen some of those threads and i saw some with 300k + miles. mine has 215k and it still runs well and looks brand new.

as far as a 99 for $5,600... well, either you found the best deal of all time (they usually go for what, somewhere in the $25k range) and the guy need $5,600 tomarrow to keep someone from breaking his legs or something like that

OR...

something is fishy and majorly wron with the car. i would say this is the more likely option but hey, if not then freekin get that car asap. hell, you could sell it and buy a 91 and a 94 both in good condition. or just sell it and buy a 94, do a 99 conversion, and still have close to $10 in money for modding and insurance and possible repairs.

Add your comment to this topic!