Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need to remove headlight lens

pinballwizard
01-31-2004, 03:51 AM
Both headlight lenses on my Volvo S80 have minor moisture and dirt in them... I would like to take them off and clean the back side. Does anyone know how to remove this headlight lenses? I removed the metal clips along the top edge under the hood... but that didn't seem to loosen them any. Any ideas?

explodingboy
08-18-2004, 02:02 PM
I've got the same problem. While we're on the subject, what can be done to prevent this moisture from getting in? Thanks.

mitech
11-15-2004, 12:55 AM
The lens is not serviable, the entire assembly needs to be replaced.

AntonR
11-18-2004, 04:23 AM
You need to remove the complete headlamp unit, I've done this myself before. Loosen mountings and clips for the front bumper, pull bumper forward just enough as to loosen headlamp and pull out. Once you have the whole headlamp unit out undo all those metal clips right round and remove lense. Do NOT touch inside of lense as this is covered with special film to try prevent fog build up! Best thing to do is to try blow with compressed air. To prevent this from happening again make sure the two access covers for globes are fitted right.

Regards
Ant.

volvotech
03-22-2006, 12:24 AM
to prevent condensation on headlights you have to replace rear covers no need new assy, just covers upgraded.

Add your comment to this topic!