Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Skyline Factory Turbos Max HP???

vinceau911
01-31-2004, 03:38 AM
Does anybody know how much hp a pair of factory turbos from R32/R33 can produce? At how many psi/bar does these turbos max out? I have a pair of turbos with .48 A/R on the turbine housing and .42 A/R on the compressor.

RazorGTR
01-31-2004, 12:58 PM
I am assuming you mean GTR turbo and not the turbo off the GTS-t, GTS4 (R32), or GTS25t(R33).

The GTR turbos factory have a .46 A/R on the turbine housing. I'm not totally sure on the compessor side.
They are rated to 220hp and max boost will be around 1.5kg (21.335psi). That is what mine when to when I had boost control line rupture. Thankfully they didnt' snap though I did damage the seals slightly.

vinceau911
01-31-2004, 09:47 PM
I am assuming you mean GTR turbo and not the turbo off the GTS-t, GTS4 (R32), or GTS25t(R33).

The GTR turbos factory have a .46 A/R on the turbine housing. I'm not totally sure on the compessor side.
They are rated to 220hp and max boost will be around 1.5kg (21.335psi). That is what mine when to when I had boost control line rupture. Thankfully they didnt' snap though I did damage the seals slightly.

I guess 500-550 hp on stock turbos is not possible?

RazorGTR
02-01-2004, 02:47 AM
with NOS sure. Turbos alone, no. You can only make what they can flow and produce.

xToRQuEx
02-06-2004, 11:02 PM
to get my 402WHP i pushed the stocks to 1.3Bar.

SkylineUSA
02-06-2004, 11:24 PM
1.3, that is on the edge.

xToRQuEx
02-06-2004, 11:36 PM
yea tested at 1.1 1.2 and 1.3 with no signs of any problems to come. its only like that for when i need that extra power. i have power fc with l-detro and commander, boost system too so i can adjust that with ease.

GTES-t
02-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Here's a good link that lists most of the Nissan turbos and has their approx. max pressure output and power added from that turbo.

members.iinet.net/~sayers/biscuits/turbos.htm

xToRQuEx
02-07-2004, 07:53 PM
by the way, i have other modifications obviously, didnt want u to think thats all i did, so its not making all that extra power, just helpin.

Daidae
02-08-2004, 12:03 PM
yea tested at 1.1 1.2 and 1.3

I just got a R32, and starting plan for mods....but...

I thought it was not a good idea to boost more than 1.1 on stock R32/R33 ceramic turbos? Am I wrong? So when does the turbo start losing efficiency and blow heat?

xToRQuEx
02-08-2004, 12:12 PM
originally I thought the same thing. But when they stuck the car on the dyno, they tested it, as i said, at different levels, and it never showed any signs of troubles, what so ever. but im also not planning to run them at that level constantly.

Since i do have Power FC with the boost control kit, L-Detro and Commander, its easy to change the setup for the car from different levels of power and how i want things to run. that was quite an expensive piece of equipment, but its nice. check it out, apexi makes it, but if you want it plan on something like 1800USD, thats with everything. You can get it right over 1000 without LDetro, commander and the boost kit.

of coarse there are cheaper alternatives, but i got this for other reasons as well.

1.3, and the mods i have, pushed me to 402WHP@6500 and 347ft/lbs of torque@4400.

they saw no signs of heat output or breakdown, or else they would have never suggested that it be put that high. They told me, the breaking and really risky point for those turbos are 1.4 bar.

if you would like to talk to them personally, i have numbers and AIM screen names you can contact them by. just let me know :) i know they wouldnt mind helping.

Daidae
02-08-2004, 12:46 PM
if you would like to talk to them personally, i have numbers and AIM screen names you can contact them by. just let me know :) i know they wouldnt mind helping.

Cool thanks man!

R33
02-08-2004, 06:36 PM
I have run (including countless tract visit) my 33 at 1.12 bar with the car churning out 375rwhp without any problem before. But a friend of mine fried his turbo on his 34 running it 1.3-1.4 bar one night. When the turbo was opened up, guess what, there was no impellers anymore! :eek7:

SkylineUSA
02-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I have run (including countless tract visit) my 33 at 1.12 bar with the car churning out 375rwhp without any problem before. But a friend of mine fried his turbo on his 34 running it 1.3-1.4 bar one night. When the turbo was opened up, guess what, there was no impellers anymore! :eek7:

Yep, it will run at 1.3, but for how long until the car poops out the exhaust wheel :iceslolan

RazorGTR
02-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Here's a good link that lists most of the Nissan turbos and has their approx. max pressure output and power added from that turbo.

members.iinet.net/~sayers/biscuits/turbos.htm

Wholy bat shit, a Magazine who's figures are actually close!!!!!!!! mark it on the bloody wall. Ok done with my sarcy lol.

Seriously though they give them around 150kw or 200hp. That is the closest I've seen. I've seen factory GTR turbos rated to as high as 250hp! Ummm yea righto.
the exhaust housings on every R32 turbo I've seen say .46 A/R. Now contrary some supposedly have .48 A/R. In all honesty the difference is sweet F' all in actual power output. It would equate to less than 10hp. Before someone comes on here and spouts about N1 turbos, those where put on excatly 100 GTR's produced in 1989. These however are NOT the Group A N1's just slight bigger housings and wheels. I believe they were .64 A/R but not confuse them with the Group A N1's which had the same A/R ratings but bigger wheels thus able to produce more. They were also steel wheeled and shafts and still ball bearing. They are as rare as rocking horse shit.

Now also before someone goes off their nut claiming this about ecu's, injectors, bla bla bla. You can only force so much air through a given space. The compressor can only move so much air totally. Different dyno's will give out different readings. Some are more generous than others but also you take off less for driveline losses in which case the actual power produces is the same overall.

Add your comment to this topic!