Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Another wiper problem

redbone
01-30-2004, 12:17 PM
The driver's side wiper isn't moving at all and the passenger side wiper is working fine. I removed the cap and bolt from the wiper which wasn't working, the thread doesn't look stripped out or bad ... with those off I turned the wipers back on and still didn't see any movement from the post --- what to do or look for from here ? thx. dan

saclak
06-12-2004, 11:42 PM
Nissan Altima, 1997 Sedan.
I have the very same problem. Driver side wiper NOT working and only the passenger side is working. It happened when I put the wiper on, and the driver side wiper swung to it's max swivel position and stopped. But, passenger side is working fine.

habenero2002
06-24-2004, 08:30 PM
your wiper linkage came off of the pivot under the cowl

saclak
06-24-2004, 11:04 PM
your wiper linkage came off of the pivot under the cowl
---> Did you change the linkage yourself or went to the dealer. I found out the likage problem by opening the cowl area, but not able to access the linkage at the middle of the cowl. I don't think I can get that part from the AutoParts store. So, I am wondering how you fixed it!?

habenero2002
06-24-2004, 11:32 PM
i'm a nissan tech. you might have to remove the pivot that the wiper bolts to. should find three bolts that fasten it to the cowl the reach in and grab it and pull it out. the linkage has plastic ball sockets you might be able to snap it back together but if the socket is wore out you'll have to buy a new linkage piece from the dealer. replaced one on a sentra a couple of weeks ago and I think it was under 12 dollars

Add your comment to this topic!