Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Clear Taillights

AirbagsOnDaHonda
12-28-2001, 01:52 AM
Hey everyone. I want clear taillights on my Accord, but I havent bought them yet because they are illegal here. Do any of you have clear taillights? If so, have you ever gotten pulled over for them, or gotten a ticket or anything? I dont care that they are illegal, I just dont want to get pulled over for something stupid like that. Also, are you supposed to get LED bulbs or anything or does it matter? Thanks a lot.

Atariallstar
12-28-2001, 03:23 AM
i have a set....for the hell of it. i usually ride around with the s- types i have..but once every 2-3 months ill slap the clears on for a night/day..... they are extremely eye catchin on a green accord :( so almost as soon as you see my car hit the street im liable to get a ticket for em. they arent good during the day at all...they are just too clear..and the bulbs arent bright enough (i use led's).

plainly put... the clears are strictly for show.... to obvious on an accord theres just too much open area..they stick out like a sore thumb. i wouldnt buy unless your bored like me and keep buyin boocoos of different styled things

SweetAccord
12-28-2001, 02:41 PM
Well...tail lights has to have a red refector for them to be legal. I seen cars over here with clears and have red tape over the reflector part of the tail light...which look retarded:rolleyes:

Atariallstar
12-28-2001, 06:23 PM
yea..the tape idea...it serves its purpose..but they look nasty like he says..

crxlvr
12-28-2001, 07:13 PM
i have altezzas on my car, and i got hassled for em too no ticket tho, but im sure you wouldnt last too long with all clears.

buh_buh
12-28-2001, 10:09 PM
I have Altezzas and I even got a ticket for those. If you had clears I think you would get a ton of tickets.

changedagame108
12-29-2001, 03:36 PM
imo, all clear taillights look terrible during the day and night. They're just tacky to me. I'd stick with some red/clears or s-type lights if I were you. That way, you won't live in fear of a cop on your ass just for stupid taillights.

AirbagsOnDaHonda
12-29-2001, 11:21 PM
Ok, whats the deal with S type lights? I here a lot of people talking about them, but i dont know what they are. What do they look like?

EliteAccordPH
12-30-2001, 02:04 AM
S type for 96-97 Accords:D
http://home.earthlink.net/~eliteups/Taillights/Stype01.jpg

fergshonda
12-30-2001, 02:06 AM
i just ordered supra style tails for my 90 accord, and i dont give a rats ass what you guys think of them, or any altezza's. all i have to say is get what you want and not what your friends want... because thats all that matters , even if 6 billion people think its rice, ---- them.... if you like it get it, its your car , its your baby , screw everyone else , if you wanna put type-r stickers all over it , do it , its yours... i mean whats the point in worrying who likes it and everything...

AirbagsOnDaHonda
12-30-2001, 02:25 AM
Duuude, where did you find Supra style taillights? How much did you pay? What EXACTLY do they look like, are they just like Supra taillights? Please post a pic or two when you get them on!!!! Thanks.

EliteAccordPH
12-30-2001, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by AirbagsOnDaHonda
Duuude, where did you find Supra style taillights? How much did you pay? What EXACTLY do they look like, are they just like Supra taillights? Please post a pic or two when you get them on!!!! Thanks.

www.autodynamic.com

90-91
http://www.autodynamic.com/images/tail_lamp/HA9091-SPR.jpg

92-93
http://www.autodynamic.com/images/tail_lamp/HA9293-4-SPR.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!